Run SQL Server Query With Windows Authentication

mcandrewe

I want to have a process run a SQL server query against the Blueprism database. The only way I can manually connect is by using Windows Authentication. I have tried using the SQL Server VBO but the run query is returning a login failed for user message. Is there a way to run the query by using windows authentication?

bot1robot

@mcandrewe
Two ways to execute sql query in this scenario

1. Create New User in SQL Server (say User: Demo , Password:: demo) and pass this user name and password inside Business Object Data:SQL Server==>Set Connection
2.To Connect via windows authentication and execute sql query to get result in collection , keep username and password parameter blank for Set Connection Action of Data-SQL Server VBO.

Hope this helps.
Please keep posted how it goes.

View attachment 1550727565224.pngView attachment 1550727600694.pngView attachment 1550727705221.png

mcandrewe

@mcandrewe

1. Create New User in SQL Server (say User: Demo , Password:: demo) and pass this user name and password inside Business Object Data:SQL Server==>Set Connection
2.To Connect via windows authentication and execute sql query to get result in collection , keep username and password parameter blank for Set Connection Action of Data-SQL Server VBO.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 3405View attachment 3406View attachment 3407
Thank You, your second option worked a charm!

abraham_r

@mcandrewe

Hope this helps.

View attachment 3405View attachment 3406View attachment 3407

I have a generic login through which I have to connect to database. Can you please let me know how to login using SQL Authentication mode?