Runtime Resource Vs Resource PC

MadhuG001

Hi All,

Can someone please explain what is exactly below term means with a simple real time example:-

1. Runtime Resource ?
2. Resource PC ?
3. Interactive Client ?

Thanks

Pete_L

Very simply put, a Runtime Resource is the "bot", on which you run your automations. A Resource PC is any bot; you can see them in the Control Room. An Interactive Client is the machine on which you interact with the BP Studio to create and edit automations.

As a developer, I create automations on my Interactive Client, and I run them on a Resource PC, which is running the BP Runtime Resource "listener".

I hope this helps, but there is more information on the BP Portal if you need it.

MadhuG001

Thanks Pete_L for replyng back.

Correct me if I am wrong:- In the control room, while we drag our process & drop into a machines available on right side.
In this scenario, my process is known to be "RUNTIME RESOURCE".
The machine, where we want to run our process is: "RESOURCE PC"

Kindly share the link from BP portal where I can get more details.

Pete_L

Not quite. Your process does not become a Runtime Resource (RR) when it runs; rather, the RR is the machine that you are running your process on. The term "Resource PC" (RPC) is a Control Room term, since the list of RR's shown on the Control Room screen is comprised of all the RR's available to you. So, you drag your process over to the desired machine in the RPC's list, and it runs on the RR associated with the selected machine. So, as you can hopefully see, RR and RPC mean the same thing, and RPC is a list of RR's.

I don't mean to make this so complicated. Don't focus so much on RPC's but instead know the difference between RR and Interactive Client (IC).

I'm afraid I am not able to give you a link on the Portal. You will need to search for it yourself.

MadhuG001

I have another query. Sorry to bother you again.

What exactly is WINDOWS TITLE & where I can get the Windows Title for an Application.
Thanks Pete_L

Pete_L

As the name suggests, Windows Title is the text that is shown in the title bar at the top of the window of a Windows application. You can get the Windows Title by spying the window in Win32 mode or Active Accessibility mode. Windows Title will be one of the attributes listed on the right side of the Application Modeler window.

MadhuG001

As the name suggests, Windows Title is the text that is shown in the title bar at the top of the window of a Windows application. You can get the Windows Title by spying the window in Win32 mode or Active Accessibility mode. Windows Title will be one of the attributes listed on the right side of the Application Modeler window.

Hi Pete. Hope you are well & fine.
How to get the Windows Title for a Web Application ?

Pete_L

You can get it in a similar way as what I described earlier. Spy the application's entire window, but this time try HTML or UIA mode. One of the attributes on the right will be the window title.

MadhuG001

Hi Pete,

Sorry to bother you again.
I have another query. Currently I am using BP 6.4V, Chrome 89, BP Chrome Extension:1.0.6.3.

Is this the right configuration setting to work on automating a Web Application or we need to change the Chrome version.
Because I found some issue in reading elements.

Please advise.

MadhuG001

Ok. I will try. Thanks
Heyy Pete..I am using Chrome. So I have two option Browser Mode or UIA mode. But neither of them are able to spy the complete window. Ya some part of the window it can able to identify.

Please advise, is there any specific attribut that I need to take for the WINDOWS TITLE ?

Pete_L

I'm sorry, but I have not worked with Chrome. If you ask your question as a new post in the forum, I'm sure you will get an answer. There are a lot of people on there who are using Chrome.

MadhuG001

I'm sorry, but I have not worked with Chrome. If you ask your question as a new post in the forum, I'm sure you will get an answer. There are a lot of people on there who are using Chrome.
Thanks for replying. I posted long back, but didn't get any response yet. My bad luck