Scheduler not working after BPServer reboot

Hello Everyone

First of all sorry to bother you again, there is something I don’t know how to solve with my experience so im reaching you.

The thing is that we are testing our RPA in the test machine which has the BPServer.exe running and the automate.exe instance to execute the processes in the scheduler. This scheduler works fine and if the server is running always there is no problem. BUT when I stop and re start the BPServer.exe (simulating a system reboot), the tasks in the scheduler are not executing. To make this tasks in the scheduler run again, I need to manually in blueprism control room make an update to the schedules with the server running at all times. I can end and restart the automate.exe instance any number of times as long as the server is running. So I think this is a BPServer related problem.

This is a problem because in a real environment, servers can be rebooted and they will be rebooted, as an automation we want the minimum of human participation as possible in the process. And with this problem a simple reboot will make the scheduler fail.

So my questions are if there is a configuration im missing, and why this is happening? Can it be solve?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lukis

Anyone? I have the same issue that scheduler is not firing up after the recovery from connection loss to app server. Schedule tries to run but first process (to login as we are using login agent) gets the error:

Error creating sessions - terminating remaining sessions: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.ScheduledTask.CreateSessions(clsResourceConnectionManager manager, Int32 timeoutMillis)
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.ScheduledTask.InternalExecute(ISessionRunnerScheduleLogger log)

Is this a bug?

When I login to server or VDI and trigger schdule manually ("Run Now") after that itteration schedule starts to work as planned. But this is not a good solution as connection losses are not so predictable and not always possible to trigger schedules manually each time.

JackT

Bit clarification before, the term server in this reply is meant to be the entire server host, typically the vm hosting BPserver.exe; the term service refers to the service created by BPserver.exe;

What you have described when the issue originally was a 'service' restart rather than a 'server' restart. It seems like for BP a service restart will causing this schedule fail issue. While the root cause is far deeper for me to look into, I kind of suspect that it is relating to a improper implementation of the stop of the service, maybe it doesn't release the port it listens or something like this - pure guessing.

I reckon you have probably already fixed this issue by doing so, but for anyone who are facing this, considering reboot the server.

Cheers,
Jack

Hello Everyone

First of all sorry to bother you again, there is something I don’t know how to solve with my experience so im reaching you.

The thing is that we are testing our RPA in the test machine which has the BPServer.exe running and the automate.exe instance to execute the processes in the scheduler. This scheduler works fine and if the server is running always there is no problem. BUT when I stop and re start the BPServer.exe (simulating a system reboot), the tasks in the scheduler are not executing. To make this tasks in the scheduler run again, I need to manually in blueprism control room make an update to the schedules with the server running at all times. I can end and restart the automate.exe instance any number of times as long as the server is running. So I think this is a BPServer related problem.

This is a problem because in a real environment, servers can be rebooted and they will be rebooted, as an automation we want the minimum of human participation as possible in the process. And with this problem a simple reboot will make the scheduler fail.

So my questions are if there is a configuration im missing, and why this is happening? Can it be solve?

Thanks a lot for your help.