Scope of RPA in a dynamic file manipulation

sendeavu

Hi for the past two days i have been editing xml files using notepad++. The scenario is that. I have to set the value of a tag from false to true in xml file. This has to be done after checking that the tag values before and after my specific tag item are not null.

eg: my xml is having multiple entries as below
<Sample>
<bandid>TOTO AOP</bandid>
<baseLabel>VQQ</baseLabel>
<Url>https://cdZ.VASUKI.com/ITEMSTASH/WM/WXX3210</Url>
<Date>2018-10-22T17:00:05.000+0000</Date>
<TagVal>false</TagVal>
<title>polintinzia</title>
<description>This is a sample description
- Sample text
- sample design
- orizion
- Classic
- Button </description>
</Sample>

all i have to do is check that tags - Url, title and description are coming and they are not null. then I have to change the Tagval to True.
One file i have to edit like this will contain lots of Samples like this. Is RPA a consistent and time saving solution for this? Are there any free tools out there that I could use?.

bnastase

Hi for the past two days i have been editing xml files using notepad++. The scenario is that. I have to set the value of a tag from false to true in xml file. This has to be done after checking that the tag values before and after my specific tag item are not null.

eg: my xml is having multiple entries as below
<Sample>
<bandid>TOTO AOP</bandid>
<baseLabel>VQQ</baseLabel>
<Url>https://cdZ.VASUKI.com/ITEMSTASH/WM/WXX3210</Url>
<Date>2018-10-22T17:00:05.000+0000</Date>
<TagVal>false</TagVal>
<title>polintinzia</title>
<description>This is a sample description
- Sample text
- sample design
- orizion
- Classic
- Button </description>
</Sample>

all i have to do is check that tags - Url, title and description are coming and they are not null. then I have to change the Tagval to True.
One file i have to edit like this will contain lots of Samples like this. Is RPA a consistent and time saving solution for this? Are there any free tools out there that I could use?.

Hi,

You can use the Read Text File activity, it should read XML files as well. Then use some text manipulation into an If activity, if that is true then use a text function like Replace to change Tagval to true. You will perhaps load up all the files in the folder and process them one by one.

Bobby