Select date from a calendar in a web application

Hi ,
I have a web application , at a point of time I have to select a date from the calendar ....I have the logic with me
If today is Sunday then AddDays(Today()-2)
Monday -3 and if Saturday it's -1 so by this logic I managed to get the desired working days date...I got it whichever format needed though formatting. But the where I fail is ...I spyied the whole calendar ..which has help text and text as well..and also Spyed the date button which we press to select a particular date...and tried to write the date in my data item to it ...it does not work... There wasn't fault with the data type as I have tried it by changing it to text number and date so far...the question is to select a date in a calendar displayed in a web app what should I exactly do...I tried a write stage ...I tried a navigate stage .....it is not working..and this date changes dynamically which can be done using the attribute= dynamic and params I knew and I did it...when I Spyed the date button it was jul 6 and when I changed the date of the data item which I passed to the control clikiing the date...it's failing...Appreciate your support in advance
I just simply need a process to click on a date and the date will be dynamically passed using a data item to the elements param...dynamically..

VJR

Hi SyedShabaz03,

There are various kinds of calendar controls on any webpage and each have a different way of working. But it doesn't give clarity as to how the interface looks like on your application. Are you able to share any screenshots?
Also you mentioned it is "failing". What does failing mean here - is it throwing an error, if so which one OR is it not entering the date at all or what exactly. Also is this website viewable anywhere on the web?

Thanks for the reply VJR.
I have attached the screenshot of the calendar .... The calendar button is a link button on the calender and only the dates which have link only work all other dates with out link are not for my use .....for example today is 9 the July ...logic is to select a date one day before and the working day before 9 th is July 6..so I have to send the control clikiing July 6 on the calender displayed....also please note that there are two calenders opened at the same time .first I have to click on July 6 in first calendar and also click July 6 in the second calender ..then I have to send a click to submit button.

Best Regards
Shabaz

Attachments

• rps20180709_213851.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 178
I am getting the error saying matching more than one item.Also I want to pass the date to the calender dynamically which is stored a data item and passed to the elements using params .

VJR

Hi SyedShabaz03,

There doesn't appear to be a textbox for entering a date for the calendar so it is not going to be straight forward.
Take a look at the below link
http://rpaforum.net/threads/get-values-from-tables-web-based-app.558/

Refer the solution provided by one of our members in Post #5 which shows an implementation in a pdf attached when the only way to select the date was to perform a click operation on the specific date.

I am getting the error saying matching more than one item.Also I want to pass the date to the calender dynamically which is stored a data item and passed to the elements using params .

I Got this ! when you have more than one matching element , in my Case there were two Calendars Opening on the single page , Then if you ever face this issue Try the "Match Index" attribute . This will be 1 and 2 for the amongst the matched elements. In my case I used 1 fro the first calendar and 2 for the second calendar.

Reactions: VJR

aartityagi

Hi All,

I have a similar requirement. There is web application. There is a textbox for date. I am not able to type the date in that textbox. There is a calendar icon besides that textbox . I need to select previous days date from that calendar.Could you please help me , how to spy or identify the dates element?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Aarti Tyagi

Attached screenshot - as i am facing the same issue.. please note textbox is read only. we can edit the text box

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 92