Send keys Fn+F11

CamiCat

Hello friends,
I need to send the key combination {Fn} +{F11} on one application.
Which text should I insert in the Text box inside the "Send Keys" Action?
Thank you so much,
Camilla

sivagelli

While passing function keys you need not consider how you are pressing on your laptop key-board. I am assuming you have to use Fn+F11 key combination from your laptop while you work with the application.

Try @Shweta suggestion.

jursky

I am pretty sure you cannot send FN keys using SendKeys combination. FN keys are NOT native part of keyboards, altough it might seems like it. Pressing the FN key on keyboard physically alters the key codes send by the keystrokes, and everything is done by the EC controller, so therefore it is not possible to emulate FN keys. What are you trying to achieve anyway? What does your combination of FN+F11 when you press it manually by yourself?

CamiCat

Hello @jursky,

I'm trying to take my pdf to fullscreen, since I need to scrape some data from it.
can you please suggest me another ways to do that and share a screenshot?
Thank you so much,
Cami :)

shaik faiyaz

Hi camin,

If I am not wrong you can spy the pdf document then you can use minimise and maximise. As well as you can scrape the data.

And if you are using the Dell laptop you can disable the {fn} key form the key board option settings
Thanks
Shaik

jursky

Hello @jursky,

I'm trying to take my pdf to fullscreen, since I need to scrape some data from it.
can you please suggest me another ways to do that and share a screenshot?
Thank you so much,

For that you don't have to explicitly invoke FN+F11 combination, Adobe Acrobat Reader listens by default for just F11 key, so you can simply trigger "{F11}" and that should be it. I don't have experience with another programs (like Sumatra, etc.) but I suspect that it would be similar.

Anyway for reading information from PDF you can also use CTRL+A (that would be "^a" in Navigate - SendKeys) and CTRL+C (that would be "^c") combination for selecting all and then copying all selected text into clipboard, then the copied text you can get from clipboard using Action: Utility - Environment - Get Clipboard. With retrieved text you can do additional text operations like splitting into lines (Utility - Strings: Split Text), then foreaching each line (looping over) looking for some text you need, etc.

Or if you're good with programming or you know somebody who might be able to build it for you, you can use some 3rd party library for reading pdf documents on API level. For that I am personally using amazing iTextSharp .NET library.

CamiCat

Thank you so much @jursky.
I'll try the approach of using CTRL+A (that would be "^a" in Navigate - SendKeys) and CTRL+C (that would be "^c") combination for selecting all and then copying all selected text into clipboard.
I'll let you know the result.

In case, can you please share with me iTextSharp .NET library?
Thank you so much,