sck360

Hey,

I'm working on integrating BP with ServiceNow APIs, but unfortunately getting the same error no matter what method I try.

I've put together a simple API call for now
https://XYZdev.service-now.com/api/now/table/x_baoq_boq_robotic_internet_account_opening?sysparm_limit=1.

This works fine from POSTMAN, with basic Authorization as the only Header provided. See the screenshot attached.

I've set up the call from BP using WebServices within Setting and I've Enabled Request Data Output so I can see what is being sent out from the process:

Output:

GET https://XYZdev.service-now.com/api/now/table/x_baoq_boq_robotic_internet_account_opening?sysparm_limit=1

Authorization: Basic a2V****

With Enabled Request Data Output Turned off I get the followed Error

"Internal : Unexpected error Error during Web API HTTP Request

HTTP Status Code: 407

HTTP Response Content: <HTML><HEAD>

<TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<FONT face="Helvetica">

<big><strong></strong></big><BR>

</FONT>

<blockquote>

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=1 width="80%">

<TR><TD>

<FONT face="Helvetica">

<big>Access Denied (authentication_failed)</big>

<BR>

<BR>

</FONT>

</TD></TR>

<TR><TD>

<FONT face="Helvetica">

Your credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.". You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be verified.

</FONT>

</TD></TR>

<TR><TD>

<FONT face="Helvetica">

This is typically caused by an incorrect username and/or password, but could also be caused by network problems.

</FONT>

</TD></TR>

<TR><TD>

<FONT face="Helvetica" SIZE=2>

<BR>

For assistance, contact your network support team.

</FONT>

</TD></TR>

</TABLE>

</blockquote>

</FONT>

</BODY></HTML>

"

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Shane

Attachments

• ServiceNOW-POSTMAN.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 26

Rich

Hi Shane,
based on the error you're getting (HTTP Status Code: 407) this is because Proxy Authentication is required. I had a similar issue trying to use Blue Prism's built in Web Service functionality. I eventually gave up and just use the standard Utility-HTTP object to form my HTTP request, including the Proxy information as inputs to the 'HTTP Request' action.

Do you have Proxy settings switched on in Postman? File > Settings > Proxy tab

Hope this helps.
Rich

pbayiokos

Hi Shane,
based on the error you're getting (HTTP Status Code: 407) this is because Proxy Authentication is required. I had a similar issue trying to use Blue Prism's built in Web Service functionality. I eventually gave up and just use the standard Utility-HTTP object to form my HTTP request, including the Proxy information as inputs to the 'HTTP Request' action.

Do you have Proxy settings switched on in Postman? File > Settings > Proxy tab

Hope this helps.
Rich
Hi Rich,

I've attempted to use the HTTP object to form the request to service now. I set Force Pre Authorization to true and passed the credentials in the request. I'm still getting a "User Not Authenticated" "Required to provide Auth information" from service now. I have a feeling that the username and password aren't being passed through. Have you experienced this?