Solved Setting Multi-Line text and storing data item variable within another data item

RReed

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to figure out if something like this is possible... My issue is two-fold - I have a multi-line text which I need to keep in the same format in order to run a certain command script inside an application. For example, the multi-line command would be something like the below. To ensure the command runs properly, I need to feed that entire sequence by pasting it as is into the command script (and not one by one).

The other issue is that the number "12345678" listed in bold needs to be dynamic as that will change each time while the rest of the commands will remain the same.

STOP
STOP
CMD
PREP
NO
END
TRANSTYPE,B,S
SETTDATE
GO
GO

The question then is, is there a way to go about doing this in Blueprism where I can perhaps store the multi-line text within a data item and have blue prism essentially write the entire sequence as is and 2) have a data item variable be stored within another data item? If not, is there perhaps another way of doing something like this within blue prism like using the calculation stage?

sahil_raina_91

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to figure out if something like this is possible... My issue is two-fold - I have a multi-line text which I need to keep in the same format in order to run a certain command script inside an application. For example, the multi-line command would be something like the below. To ensure the command runs properly, I need to feed that entire sequence by pasting it as is into the command script (and not one by one).

The other issue is that the number "12345678" listed in bold needs to be dynamic as that will change each time while the rest of the commands will remain the same.

STOP
STOP
CMD
PREP
NO
END
TRANSTYPE,B,S
SETTDATE
GO
GO

The question then is, is there a way to go about doing this in Blueprism where I can perhaps store the multi-line text within a data item and have blue prism essentially write the entire sequence as is and 2) have a data item variable be stored within another data item? If not, is there perhaps another way of doing something like this within blue prism like using the calculation stage?
You can have a skeleton stored in a Data Item, lets call it [Text_1].
Text_1 Initial value should be:
STOP
STOP
CMD
PREP
NO
Dynamic Value Here
END
TRANSTYPE,B,S
SETTDATE
GO
GO

Use a calculation stage to replace 'Dynamic Value Here' with whatever value is arriving dynamically.
Replace([Text_1],"Dynamic Value Here",[Data Item])
Store the results back to Text_1