Shared Mail Inbox Outlook

clubkikr

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to config blue prism to interact with a shared mailbox.

Mailbox has been created and is visible in outlook version 2010. I'm able to interact with the personal inbox but unable to interact with the shared inbox.

Any help or guides on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shubhi

Hi
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to config blue prism to interact with a shared mailbox.

Mailbox has been created and is visible in outlook version 2010. I'm able to interact with the personal inbox but unable to interact with the shared inbox.

Any help or guides on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Were you able to get this resolved. I have a similar situation and unable to crack it.

Cncrtmuzica

Any response to this? I'm having the same issue. Keep getting exception error that it cannot find the "inbox". Shared mailbox does not have an "inbox" and we've tried everything from renaming the code to the exact folder to subfolders etc... Does this just not work with this version of BP and MapiEx? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

mkaefke

Hey,

i was facing the same problem when trying to read mails from a shared mailbox.
If you need this function you have to change the Internal_Get Items of the MS Outlook Email VBO or better create a new VBO e.g. MS Outlook SharedFolder VBO.

Comment out the function GetDefaultFolder in the Code stage and paste in the following code

Code:
'Commented out this for use of shared Mailbox
'Dim folder = _nameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(Outlook_Folder_ID)
'Use for functional or shared Mailbox
Dim FMMail = "YOUR FM NAME"
Dim vRecipient = _nameSpace.CreateRecipient(FMMail)
Dim folder = _nameSpace.GetSharedDefaultFolder(vRecipient, Outlook_Folder_ID)

You could add a new Parameter for your FMMail to get the mails of share dynamically.
Unfortunatly the "Internal_Get Items" Method is only used for some actions in the MS Outlook Email VBO so you can't use all the actions of it e.g.
"Send Email", "Delete Email" etc.. If you need all actions create a new VBO e.g. MS Outlook SharedFolder VBO and replace every GetDefaultFolder functions in the code stages.

P.S:
Blue Prisms Outlook VBO does not sync mails automatically.
If you call the action Get Received Items you may not get new incoming messages. In this case you could let outlook run in background, call the method multiple times or even better sync the folders by using SyncObjects or SendAndReceive function.

Best Regards
Marcel

drubiano

Hey,

If you need this function you have to change the Internal_Get Items of the MS Outlook Email VBO or better create a new VBO e.g. MS Outlook SharedFolder VBO.

Comment out the function GetDefaultFolder in the Code stage and paste in the following code

Code:

You could add a new Parameter for your FMMail to get the mails of share dynamically.
Unfortunatly the "Internal_Get Items" Method is only used for some actions in the MS Outlook Email VBO so you can't use all the actions of it e.g.
"Send Email", "Delete Email" etc.. If you need all actions create a new VBO e.g. MS Outlook SharedFolder VBO and replace every GetDefaultFolder functions in the code stages.

P.S:
If you call the action Get Received Items you may not get new incoming messages. In this case you could let outlook run in background, call the method multiple times or even better sync the folders by using SyncObjects or SendAndReceive function.

Best Regards
Marcel
Hi Marcel, I actually came up to a similarly idea (created a new action for shared inboxes). But I can’t access sub folders in a shared inbox. Have you tried this?

mkaefke

Hi Marcel, I actually came up to a similarly idea (created a new action for shared inboxes). But I can’t access sub folders in a shared inbox. Have you tried this?

Hey,

I tried it a minute ago with BP V6.3 and newest Outlook VBO.
It is working for local and for shared mailboxes when using the original "Get received Items (Basic)" with the modifaction mentioned above at Internal_Get Items. Which VBO Version are you using?

Best regards
Marcel

drubiano

Hey,

I tried it a minute ago with BP V6.3 and newest Outlook VBO.
It is working for local and for shared mailboxes when using the original "Get received Items (Basic)" with the modifaction mentioned above at Internal_Get Items. Which VBO Version are you using?

Best regards
Marcel

I'm using BP V6.4, not sure what version of the VBO i'm using (where can i see that info?)

I have a similar modification in my action using these:

Dim app = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Dim _nameSpace = app.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
Dim recipient = _nameSpace.CreateRecipient(InputRecipient)
Dim folder = _nameSpace.GetSharedDefaultFolder(recipient, Outlook_Folder_ID)

When trying to access a mail in a shared inbox subfolder, ill get a error
"Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found."

mkaefke

Yes it is as simple as i mentioned above.
Duplicate BPs "Move Email to Inbox Sub Folder" Action and change "GetDefaultFolder" to "GetSharedDefaultFolder" and define the shared mailbox by using the function "NameSpace.CreateRecipient".

Have a look at Microsoft's documentation.

Best regards
Marcel

karan.kalia

I'm using BP V6.4, not sure what version of the VBO i'm using (where can i see that info?)

"Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found."

Hello drubiano

I need help actually I made same changes to my code it is not running and neither its throwing any error.

and also will you please give me clarity on InputRecipient variable, what we need to provide input in that.

drubiano

Hello drubiano

I need help actually I made same changes to my code it is not running and neither its throwing any error.

and also will you please give me clarity on InputRecipient variable, what we need to provide input in that.

Well it’s working for me. So I’m not really sure if what’s wrong if you have the same code.

About the InputRecipient. That’s the shared inbox email address.

shakiratt

Helllo , i am having difficulty moving a mail from a shared mail to the inbox subfolder, have tried using GetSharedDefaultFolder and am getting Mismatch Error, Any help please. Thanks

sck360

Hey,

I've set the bot to read/move from the shared mailbox, and all is working well. Im looking to get the bot to 'Get Sent Mail' as well as 'Send Mail' from the shared mailbox, but getting "Value does not fall within the expected range." each time.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks for the help

Hey,

Code:

P.S:

Best Regards
Marcel

Tac

Hey,

Code:

P.S:

Best Regards
Marcel

Hi Marcel
I have used your change for a while now, but only the inbox of sharedmail. now i want to use send mail of the shared mail, but i can't get it to work.
I get value is out of range. Are you sure it works for you? can you help me further?
Thanks
Jan

swathi.kamarthi

Hi, Even I was trying to access the same, for shred email and I received the above error you mentioned, could you please suggest how we can fix this.

jonnymop5

Hi Marcel,
I've tried using the following and passing in sub folder of "Test". I've also tried using the actual email address instead of the shortened name. It is saying Object is not found. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon
View attachment 1579209711733.png

View attachment 1579210044786.png

Hey,

Code:

P.S:

Best Regards
Marcel

Attachments

• 1579209798001.png
    13 KB · Views: 123