Some issues with a code stage for pivot table

jreddy

Hi guys,

I just wanted to share with you some findings, that I encountered while creating code stage for inserting Pivot Table in Excel.
  1. In one case I was getting Type Mismatch error while trying to add a Pivot Table. This was the case only in one document. After some research I found ou that the issue was one column. I worked that column through and found the cell that was causing the problem. That cell contained 432 characters. After removing the contents of that cell everything worked perfectly. Thus I decided to play with it a bit, and found out that the limit is actually 255 characters. Everything more than that causes an error. I don't know whether it's a bug or a documented feature, but I got to know about it only after trial and error and many hours spent trying to figure out the problem.
  2. I recently upgraded to Blue Prism 6.3 and my Pivot Table code broke again. The issue is following: I have inputs for row fields, column fields and value fileds. However, not all of them are always used. Thus I inserted a check, to verify that the variable is not empty:
    Code:
    If column IsNot Nothing then
    However it stoped working after update and I had to change the code to this:
    Code:
    If column.length > 0 then
    which works perfectly so far. I don't know if this really has anything to do with upgrading to v.6.3, but that's the only explanation I see now.
Hope this post will be helpful. If anybody has explanations concerning these issues, please share with us.