Spying save As window

VJR

Hi Sharin,

More details of your problem would help to determine the issue.
What type of application are you using (Windows, Browser,etc?), are those applications any of the common ones or custom developed for your organization (eg; HR management system, intranet application) etc, how have you tried to spy the SaveAs window and what are the issues (any error) you are facing, are you spying the SaveAs window within the same Application Modeller as the original application or are you using a separate object, which all spying modes have you tried?

Sharin

Hi Sharin,

More details of your problem would help to determine the issue.
What type of application are you using (Windows, Browser,etc?), are those applications any of the common ones or custom developed for your organization (eg; HR management system, intranet application) etc, how have you tried to spy the SaveAs window and what are the issues (any error) you are facing, are you spying the SaveAs window within the same Application Modeller as the original application or are you using a separate object, which all spying modes have you tried?

Hi,

I am using a browser based application(IE), In the process i clicked on an image icon and a pdf will open and i need to save the pdf in my folder.So i selected File-Save in the pdf, then the Save As window opened.Here i am facing issues,not able to identify the Save As window. I am using the same application moeller.

VJR

Hi Sharin,
If you are unable to spy the SaveAs window with the same object then try creating another object in another mode (say Win32 assuming you are using a windows application like Adobe for the pdf). Using that object spy only the SaveAs window. Then in your original process diagram Attach to this new object, do the SaveAs, and then Reattach back to the original object.

Also try another option to see what attributes you get when you spy the Image icon link. Perhaps you may get some hint about saving the Target file to some location.

Sharin

Hi Sharin,
If you are unable to spy the SaveAs window with the same object then try creating another object in another mode (say Win32 assuming you are using a windows application like Adobe for the pdf). Using that object spy only the SaveAs window. Then in your original process diagram Attach to this new object, do the SaveAs, and then Reattach back to the original object.

Also try another option to see what attributes you get when you spy the Image icon link. Perhaps you may get some hint about saving the Target file to some location.
Thanks a lot..

jk0607

Hi,

It did the same thing long back and it worked all fine but recently it failed and now don't know what changed but I create new object it doesn't work. Thins looks same is there any other suggestible solution to this issue. Please suggest.

Thanks,

cvs0115

Hi,
Have you tried creating a new object for the "Save As" window? That would be the best solution. I would also create an action that checks to see if the "Save As" window exits, as well.

raisinghanid

Hi Sharin,

Hi,
I am stuck at this very stage. Going by your advise of creating another object - when I try creating a new modeller for the save as window, it asks me the Windows process for this popup. Can I get some help here? Whats the windows process for Save as Window?

jk0607

Recreate everything its fails sometime depending on external things but that's the only last resort. Just copy paste the same thing in anew object and it should work fine. I'm not aware of why did that happened but, its just the simple thing to try out and it will work.

SERBEM

I had this problem at few times and I always solved this problem by creating a new business objekt on the specific pop-up window.
In your application modeller jeg need to write the name of the pop-up window in application Name, specify that this pop-up window is found in iexplorer and write the window title for example "choose file to save". Spy the fields you need to use and build the proces by starting with an attach window.

Hope this maybe helping you further

mr.bot123

Hi Serbem,

How do you attach the Application Modeler to the "Save As" pop-up window? I can't find a way to attach it to the pop up window.

SERBEM

Hi mr.bot123

I have noticed that not every save as pop-up windows are equal to each other. But here is one example - see Attach files.

In click in names second line I have text parameter [Filepath]

I hope this helps you further.

In one example I couldnt spy Save as - there I spyed Save and made a focus on it and a Global Send Key "{Right}" and ENTER and than I could get it to work. I dont have screen shot of that solution as its not active anymore.

Attachments

• Click in Name.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Attach and Save.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Pop up Save As.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 133

ashibm

Objective :
I need to ctrl+p - on a webpage(IE) to print and then click on save as to save them with a SPECIFIC NAME and into a SPECIFIC LOCATION.
I have been traversing through numerous posts where people talk about attaching and detaching. Honestly, I am not clear about the exact steps.

Need:
If someone could detail it out on how I could spy the save as window and be able to click the address bar and file name bar to provide the address Iand filename I am interested in, I would appreciate it VERY MUCH!

ashibm

For anyone who struggled like me, please find below what worked out for me ultimately and how to spy the save as window
use case: Downloading a file from Internet Explorer which then opens the iexplore save as window dialog box. I want to be able to spy the address bar, the file name edit area, and the save button to save the file in the desired location.

Step 1: Create a new object. Select Windows application and that you will be attaching an instance and not launching from executable
- Details: Application Name: Provide whatever, does not matter
Window title: "*Save*". I did this since my pop up title was "Save Output as"
Windows process: iexplore
Step 2: Click on the Application modeler, click attach, and then identify. Make sure to have the browser open and active up till the point of the pop dialogue already before step2
Step 3: spy the address bar, the file edit bar, and save button using AA mode
Step 4: Now build the process for this pop-up
Step 5: Navigate stage, bring the pop-up root element, and select "Attach"
Step 6: Perform necessary stage such as click address bar, enter, location, click save button
Step 7: Detach the application