Start blue prism process by email request

Fialpha41

I am new to RPA and Blue Prism. I am still in training. I was asked to develop a solution where a customer can send an email requesting their process to be run. The bot would need to read the subject line, for example, {run {Tax-may2019-001} and the bot would then start that process. We would need multiple bots to read this email on the exchange server and when the current process is complete the bot checks the email for the next process. My CIO does not want to use the scheduler. We would like to avoid having to open outlook as we do now and read the email straight from the exchange server. I hope this makes sense.

..:Sooo, what exactly are you asking for help to do?

It would be nice if you could provide us with an actual problem and not a wall of text on how you're going to develop your solution - As we will not develop it for you. However, if you run in to specific problems along the way, I'd be happy to try and help you out. :)

rpame

Since there is a VBO for Outlook I would use that. But since you want to read directly from the server, one idea could be to create your own VBO in C# to try to solve it. When it comes to not using Scheduler I think that you must use it to set it to run at some time.

Fialpha41

Since there is a VBO for Outlook I would use that. But since you want to read directly from the server, one idea could be to create your own VBO in C# to try to solve it. When it comes to not using Scheduler I think that you must use it to set it to run at some time.
Thanks.