Stop a process before it ends

GatesV

I was wondering if Blue Prism gives us the ability to stop a process if it takes longer than expected to complete. I am NOT looking to add stages to the process to look for the current processing time but rather have the Control Room automatically stop the process if it's running for more than, let's say, 30 minutes.

What leads me to think it might be possible is in the Control Room, when a process starts, the Start Time is displayed (with a value matching the current time) and an End Time with a value of 9999-12-31 HH:mm:ss. I'm thinking we can perhaps set a specific date and time there that will tell Blue Prism to kill the process if it goes beyond that date and time value.

Is any of that possible? Any suggestion?

Thanks for your help!

gil.silva

Hello GatesV,

Currently, from BP Control Room there's no way to achieve what you want.
Although, in the Studio, if you use the BP template, there's already a session variable called 'stop after time', which does exactly what you want through a decision stage.

GatesV

Thank you very much for your reply. The reason why I didn't want to do this with a decision stage is because I am processing one single item from a work queue but that there are parts of the process that could hang according to application responsiveness, or rather lack thereof. My goal was to kill the process of these parts took too long.

gil.silva

Hello,

I understand, you might want to check the Application Modeller of your Objects.
If you change the application modeller mode, you are able to set a timeout for the action, meaning that if some action takes, for instance, more than 5 min. it will throw an exception.

jigibaby2

Hello,

I understand, you might want to check the Application Modeller of your Objects.
If you change the application modeller mode, you are able to set a timeout for the action, meaning that if some action takes, for instance, more than 5 min. it will throw an exception.
What kind of mode exactly we can set to achieve this?