Surface automation: Blue Prism cannot recognise Fonts.

anjali

Did you find any solution to this issue . Am reading text through OCR , its working fine but the only character its not identifying correctly is "I" and "L"

gkkumar2581

i there, i am new to blue prism and i am practising it. right now i a trying OCR concept but i am getting all text except page number, from application module i am unable to highlight it. one more issue is at debugging/ runtime read text is unable to capture text, i am getting empty in data item. please help me. I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• test.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 12

Vidit

I tried what you have mentioned but Bot reading values differently most of the time. Please check some the examples which we faced so far.

Example :
  • Instead of " GLDLAZD" BOT read as "GLDI_AZD| "
  • Instead of "04CX9.1CT" Bot read as "04CX9. 1 CT" (with spaces) ---- Temporary fix replaced " " (space) with "" (without space)
  • Instead of "LSVMNWWV" Bot read as "LSVM NWWV" --- Temporary fix replaced " " (space) with "" (without space)

Any solution for these kind of issue. Not sure when it is reading what kind of values.
Hello Divya/VJR,
Did you find a solution to overcome this issue? If yes, I request you to please post it over here with your findings.
Thanks.

Prateek khanna

Hi Team Let me Tell you solution to above issues:

1. If you use Read with OCR and get extra/wrong letters -- Try increasing scale to 100 , if this still give error try setting segment as "RawLine" .
2. Using Recognise Text is best -but if it give error Like removing spaces or something - find and set correct font of application .

I have used both above methods , 2 nd one is more accurate though

Prateek khanna

For those having difficulty to set OCR -- Mark region accurately and in region editor set Location method as "coordinates" and Position as "Fixed"

Then tick the Ordinal or match index.