Taking a screenshot and comparing it with other screenshot

geeda

Hello everyone,

One of the teams in our company are meant to give PROD support and they want to implement BP. Basically they will have the screenshots(1) of the application from business on how it should look. Once the maintenance is completed, they will take the screenshot(2) again and compare it with the screenshot1( provided by the business). Can we do this using BP, Did anyone of you worked on something like this! Please let me know.

VJR

Hi geeda,

Have you taken a look at any of the actions in the below VBOs?
- Utility - Image Manipulation
- Utility - Image Search

Maybe you have a new BP version with some more VBOs and actions.
Also I am guessing that the two images may not match because it may have other "non-matching" portions like the windows toolbar etc. So maybe you need to capture a portion of the screen excluding the unwanted items for which you may need to 'Capture Screenshot using Co-ordinates' which can be found in that same post here.

Also check what does 'Get Sub Image Position' and 'Find Image' do in this case.

geeda

Hi geeda,

Have you taken a look at any of the actions in the below VBOs?
- Utility - Image Manipulation
- Utility - Image Search

Maybe you have a new BP version with some more VBOs and actions.
Also I am guessing that the two images may not match because it may have other "non-matching" portions like the windows toolbar etc. So maybe you need to capture a portion of the screen excluding the unwanted items for which you may need to 'Capture Screenshot using Co-ordinates' which can be found in that same post here.

Also check what does 'Get Sub Image Position' and 'Find Image' do in this case.
Yes, I am using 'Capture Screenshot using Co-Ordinates'. I don't have Utility- Image Search VBO. I will try using 'Get Sub Image Position' in Utility -Image Manipulation VBO.

VJR

I don't have Utility- Image Search VBO
Do check the Products | VBO section on the Blue Prism portal. If you are able to get it probably it may have actions that may make things easier for you while interacting with images.