Target application could not be identified Error

Shweta

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with below query:

I am trying to launch the Windows based application, and it is getting launched as well but when I am checking if it is connected or not, it shows "FALSE".
I tried attaching it also, but getting below error:
"Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach Application' on page 'Action 2' - Target application could not be identified"

Please help.

Thanks.

Shweta

Yes, I am giving both Window Title and Process name, but getting same error:

"Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach Application' on page 'Action 2' - Target application could not be identified"

Shweta

In Process name, I tried giving both one by one :
1. Only the .exe file name
2. The complete path of .exe file

Is there any issue with that?

Or any specific thing, that I am missing out?

Vishal0017

Yes, You have to pass the complete path of the application.
Also, check when you execute the process your "desired application window is activated or not"

Shweta

Hello,

PFA the screenshots. (I am doing this in Object Studio).

Attachments

• Attach Stage.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 663
  • Error.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 544

Shweta

There is one more query related to this:

From application modeller, after I launched the application and clicked on "Add element", I am not getting "Identify" button to spy the elements.
Can you please help with that too.

Attaching screenshot for that also.

Thanks!

Attachments

• element.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 425
Hello,

PFA the screenshots. (I am doing this in Object Studio).
Swetha this is not the way of giving process name you are giving full path. See try giving only window title if it will work that is fine if not then go for process name.
Note process name you need to check in task manager for example if you are launching internet explorer the process iexplore.exe or if it is SAP application process name is saplogon.

Ignore process name for now try giving only window title with wild card.

There is one more query related to this:

From application modeller, after I launched the application and clicked on "Add element", I am not getting "Identify" button to spy the elements.
Can you please help with that too.

Attaching screenshot for that also.

Thanks!
May be you have launched two times or if you have opened manually and once by Blue prism then this issue we can see. Close all the window launch from Application Modeler it will work.

Shweta

May be you have launched two times or if you have opened manually and once by Blue prism then this issue we can see. Close all the window launch from Application Modeler it will work.

I have not launched it twice.
Also, all the other applications including the one that I am launching from App modeller, were closed while launching this application.

I have not launched it twice.
Also, all the other applications including the one that I am launching from App modeller, were closed while launching this application.
It should work I never see this kind of issue try closing or create a new object.
What about attach is it working??

raja_surath

Hi Shweta,
I am also facing the same issue.While launching the application unable to see the identify button.

Could you please explain in details how to solve this issue.If possible share the screenshot

Justin Nguyen

How can I Attach another Application window ? if my application hasn't in my computer..?
Just only to open this Application Window on the Web application.

tiger19

i created application moduler --> windows application to spy windows security popup which requested username and password. I manage to spy using Win32. in my object, i use navigate to launch, then use write to input username.

Im getting this error:

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Write Stage '' on page '' - Not Connected

anyone could assist me?