There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model

vishal812

Hi,

I am launching one exe file of one tool and try to spy the element of the front end of that tool but every time i am getting same error. I have tried Win32 as well as Region mode.

Below is the blueprism error :

There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model

vishal812

I am facing this error while creating object and spying the element. I have one tool (Window based) and i want to run through RPA. I am able to launch the tool but not able to spy the element

vishal812

While spying the window, it throws below mentioned error

There was an error during the spying operation.
System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

you may want to try UIA mode if using blue prism version 6 and above..below is the update from BP on UIA mode -
UI Automation is a Microsoft accessibility framework for Windows, available with all Windows operating systems
that support Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
With Blue Prism v6.2 and above, UI Automation mode is available through Blue Prism’s Application Modeller
which can be used to automate many Windows and Browser based applications. Given the depth and reach of
the UI Automation functionality, it is recommended that it be used as the preferred spying method unless there
is no other option than resort to other techniques.

VJR

While spying the window, it throws below mentioned error

There was an error during the spying operation.
System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hi vishal812,

Are you working on a x64 system.
Try changing to embedded default in application modeler to external 64 bit.

VJR

Hi mmahrous,

What type of application are you using - Windows based, Web application, Citrix, Mainframe, etc?
Is there any specific mode (Win32, HTML...) you are getting this error OR is it as soon as you start spying?
Do share each of the settings given in the Application Wizard.

mmahrous

Thank you I figured it out, it was Google Chrome on Windows 10. I just had to close the browser and launch it from the object studio and not launch it from the application mangager. I am using blue prism 5.0

Lordi

Hi I am trying Spy some application but I have a problem. Always when I try spy BP shows information There was an error during the spying operation. Select the application Manager mode has been changed a lot of time I tried out all options but spying does not work. I was trying solve this problem used to above advice unfortunately without effect.
In order to spy element I am using Win32 mode for first window my application was spy it was good. Next step I must click in button in this application and in this moment appers new window. I can not spy new window with use Win32 Mode or Accessibility mode. I can only do this with use Region Mode. This solution is no bad but in new window must be entered data into the gaps this date are coming from the queue. But If new window was spy with use Region Mode I can not writte any date into the gaps. So maybe some one knew how can I do slove this problem ?
BP v 5.0.18

VJR

Hi Lordi,

Unsure as to what type(s) of application(s) you are using. But the basic idea is if you were able to spy one window in Win32 mode and not the other one after clicking the button then you need to create another object (using another suitable 'Application type' Windows/Browser/Mainframe etc. in another mode Win32,HTML, etc) which will spy only that new window. If you are successful to spy then in your diagram use Attach to connect to the new object whenever you want to work with that new window and then detach and/or reattach back to your old object once you are done.

Collins

I'm trying to Spy NICE Application but i get an error : There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• spying.PNG
    spying.PNG
    76.6 KB · Views: 198

Collins

Got one window, actually this application is a Windows App within a browser .
Type : XAML Browser Application

Last edited:

sathish bonala

While spying the window, it throws below mentioned error:

System.ApplicationException: External AppMan reader thread exited before response from query

Nataraj Hegde

Hi All,

I am not able to spy in particular website(Service-Now) in any of the modes. Where as the other websites on IE are perfectly fine with all the modes. Is there any settings to be made in particular website or in blue prism to enable spying/identifying?.. Kindly help me if there is any HTML settings to be made in web page.
If I try to spy/identify on that particular website, the Blue Prism is stopping from execution and it is getting closed. It tries to highlight but fails to identify after 1 minute. Then it gets closed. I have also attached the error i am getting before getting closed. Kindly help.

Attachments

• BP Error.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 121

NikE

Hi Lordi,

Unsure as to what type(s) of application(s) you are using. But the basic idea is if you were able to spy one window in Win32 mode and not the other one after clicking the button then you need to create another object (using another suitable 'Application type' Windows/Browser/Mainframe etc. in another mode Win32,HTML, etc) which will spy only that new window. If you are successful to spy then in your diagram use Attach to connect to the new object whenever you want to work with that new window and then detach and/or reattach back to your old object once you are done.

Im having this particular problem, I can spy on the main running program, but not the pop-up. I have tried to create a new object, but have not succeded. So Im not sure if it is done correct; Add new object, with same exe. type in pop-up title, and then try to identify through application modeller?