There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model

Felix Oehl

We had the same issue as the OP when using Acrobat Reader to work with PDFs. We spent hours trying to find a solution until I found this post.

For Acrobat Reader, the error is caused by a setting in Acrobat Reader called 'Protected Mode' which causes BP to not be able to see the program properly.

To deactivate protected mode in the current version of Acrobat Reader go to Edit > Preferences... > Security (Enhanced) and un-check the box at the top-left that says 'Enable Protected Mode at startup'
View attachment 1559911564823.png

Vivek Gupta

Hi All,

I have scenario where i am stuck.

I have Facebook portal/ Workplace Portal where i need to post an image in the group.
To upload the photo the Pop Up window comes where i need to select the image. I am detaching the Facebook portal and attaching it to the Window Pop up by giving window tittle as " Choose File to Upload". After Successful Upload I am Detaching the window pop up and again attaching the Facebook Portal
After the image is attached i need to click on Post Button but I am not able to spy the element.

Error:
System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Uthaiah

Hi Lordi,

Unsure as to what type(s) of application(s) you are using. But the basic idea is if you were able to spy one window in Win32 mode and not the other one after clicking the button then you need to create another object (using another suitable 'Application type' Windows/Browser/Mainframe etc. in another mode Win32,HTML, etc) which will spy only that new window. If you are successful to spy then in your diagram use Attach to connect to the new object whenever you want to work with that new window and then detach and/or reattach back to your old object once you are done.

Hi VJR,
I am facing this spying issue, I can able to spy in UI mode, but when i click on highlight it show "Error - Highlighting results - No matching windows found" (I tried matching different attributes, but doesn't work), and if I use accessibility mode, I get error like "There was an error during the spying operation." can you / someone help?
it's window application using IE, but win32 mode is not working. there is pop up for user details which is not getting highlighted. attaching the screen shot fyr.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 27

nandini_n

Hi VJR,
I am facing this spying issue, I can able to spy in UI mode, but when i click on highlight it show "Error - Highlighting results - No matching windows found" (I tried matching different attributes, but doesn't work), and if I use accessibility mode, I get error like "There was an error during the spying operation." can you / someone help?
it's window application using IE, but win32 mode is not working. there is pop up for user details which is not getting highlighted. attaching the screen shot fyr.

I facing similar issue. Any inputs?

same issue " There was an error during spying operation" Launched PDF through .exe file (Win32 mode) in application modeler.

Want to spy file / view ... on the top menu choice for further actions. unable to do so either in win32/UI/AA modes

any suggestions

Azzou75

I had the same issue, what you need to do is adding a Variable to the Register. this is how to do it :
in Taskbar Search for "REGEDIT"
Go to :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Main
Click on Main
On the right Panel of Main :
Right click in empty erea > New > DWORD (32-bits) Value
ReName the Value : "TabProcGrowth"
Hit Enter
Go back to your Object close Application Modeller
Try to spy your window again, it should work this time :)

Felix Oehl

I encountered this error with a client using a web application that would launch an error message pop up window. the issue was that the error message window was a Windows message. Because of that, Blue prism isn't able to spy it as part of the application model, since the application model is a browser application model and the error message is technically a windows 'application'.

We managed to get this to work by creating a new VBO for the error message and using that to close the message. We set up the application type as a windows application that would already be open and that we would want to attach to. You can pass the window title and process name to help Blue Prism identify it. When you now spy the elements, they should identify without the original error.

In your process, you can then use the new VBO to attach to whatever the item was that you couldn't spy and interact with it.

Hope that helps someone!

Felix Oehl

same issue " There was an error during spying operation" Launched PDF through .exe file (Win32 mode) in application modeler.

Want to spy file / view ... on the top menu choice for further actions. unable to do so either in win32/UI/AA modes

any suggestions

Have you tried the Adobe Acrobat security setting? (see post #23 above)

rajivsomayaji

Hi All

Issue is with the attaching the applications. Blue Prism suggests object creation structure with respect to different windows, different tabs. You should have different objects for different windows/different tabs.

I was working with Chrome and multiple tabs. In the attach function, I was passing all the possible window texts as a collection.

Example:

I had 2 tabs and 4 window texts. All 4 Window texts are listed in my collection. Now Blue Prism will attach both the tabs which are internally treated as 2 different windows. 2 windows attached to the same object causes the error "There was an error during spying operation".

Any one object containing different windows/popups should be separated into different objects. If you wish to continue with the single object structure, please detach the object every time after the use and attach the object with relevant window text.

The step are:
Step 1) Object: Launch application
Step 2) Detach Object
Step 3) Attach Object with relevant window text
Step 4) Do the functionality
Step 5) Detach Object
Step 6) Attach Object with relevant window text

Thanks for the read.