Tool to schedule and monitor BP Processes

sina.hassani

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a tool that can schedule and monitor Blue Prism processes (and queues, status etc.) in a web application?

Lets say i want to use my phone, or am a manager and do not have BP installed, is there a way for me to see what is going on in my production environment?

Thank you in advance

sina.hassani

Anybody?

I know that you can use Splunk for monitoring, but are there any tools for scheduling? Or does that have to be done in Blue Prism application itself?

diarselimi

You can try to automate that process schedule via email:
Send an email with a specific template
Write the process name and schedule date time name
or you can use maybe an online excel sheet where you can update it and the robot checks it every half hour or so.

sina.hassani

You can try to automate that process schedule via email:
Send an email with a specific template
Write the process name and schedule date time name
or you can use maybe an online excel sheet where you can update it and the robot checks it every half hour or so.
Those are some good ideas, assuming there are no other options or tools available to do it with.

Thank you!

HakanEngman

You should probably look into the webservices capabilities of BP. Changed quite a lot in v6, but it gives you the possibility to activate or at least give input to a robot. It is possible to kick of a process or schema from command line, but you would probably do it a bit more robust by kicking of a process just to check "Did I (robot) receive and things to process now ?" -> Run process or just wait for a while.

sina.hassani

You should probably look into the webservices capabilities of BP. Changed quite a lot in v6, but it gives you the possibility to activate or at least give input to a robot. It is possible to kick of a process or schema from command line, but you would probably do it a bit more robust by kicking of a process just to check "Did I (robot) receive and things to process now ?" -> Run process or just wait for a while.
Great tip, thank you.

However, it does not quite answer my original question - is there a tool that lets you monitor what is going on in your environment and lets you have somewhat control (Start, stop processes / queues / etc).

HakanEngman

To my knowledge no. You could request stop to a running process, but that would not stop the schema if it contains a lot of other steps. Currently dicsussing this with BP rep.
I do think that putting the scheduler or resource to a maintenance mode would make much sense. ( Finish what you are doing, then go offline.)

And I would love to have the option to show the scheduled name in the control room. ( Along side the process, also add a column showing the schema name, it there are one.)