Trigger the Schedule from the process?

Nabin

Hello,

Is it possible to trigger the Schedule from the process? I want to know whether it is possible to start the schedule form the process.

Thank you,

Hello,

Is it possible to trigger the Schedule from the process? I want to know whether it is possible to start the schedule form the process.

Thank you,
Yes you can trigger a Schedule via command line and you can use Blue Prism to send command line commands.

See the Blue Prism Help topic under Advanced Topics -> Command Line Options.

As an alternative you could program your own scheduling logic into Blue Prism processes by using command line to start processes on your resources at certain times. You could have a master process that starts processes on all of your resources dependent on logic in the master process.

Nabin

Hello,

Where can I find "Blue Prism Help topic under Advanced Topics -> Command Line Options ". I try to find on portal but couldn't. Is it on some guides?

VJR

Hi Nabin,

Open for example a Calc stage -> click on the question mark button on the top right corner of the window -> on the left hand side type command line.

Nabin

Hello agian,

Continue to this..

Is it possible to put some timeout to start the schedule. like now if I run /startschedule /schedule <schedule name> it starts right after but I want to put some time gap like 5 minutes or something is it possible?

thank you

VJR

Hello agian,

Continue to this..

Is it possible to put some timeout to start the schedule. like now if I run /startschedule /schedule <schedule name> it starts right after but I want to put some time gap like 5 minutes or something is it possible?

thank you
It would be good to put the command in a bat file or a script file or powershell then you can give the delay or wait in the file itself before the line of code for starting the schedule.
If it is from a Blue Prism process then you can use the Sleep action of Utility General VBO.

Nabin

Yeah,I am running like that (By keeping command on bat file and running the bat file from BP process) but I mean when I run bat file it start the schedule right after.
like, if I run a bat file at 23 Nov 2018 09:45:00 it runs like,
"Schedule <Schedule name> set to run at 23 Nov 2018 09:45:06"
And if I put timeout before the code it execute the code after some time but I want code to run at same time but schedule to start after some time , if possible.

like if I run a bat file at 09:45:30 it should run schedule like,
"Schedule <Schedule name> set to run at 23 Nov 2018 09:50:30"

ashley9394

Yeah,I am running like that (By keeping command on bat file and running the bat file from BP process) but I mean when I run bat file it start the schedule right after.
like, if I run a bat file at 23 Nov 2018 09:45:00 it runs like,
"Schedule <Schedule name> set to run at 23 Nov 2018 09:45:06"
And if I put timeout before the code it execute the code after some time but I want code to run at same time but schedule to start after some time , if possible.

like if I run a bat file at 09:45:30 it should run schedule like,
"Schedule <Schedule name> set to run at 23 Nov 2018 09:50:30"

hi Nabin, may i know how is your command look like? :)

and also the scheduler setting? hehe thanks!