Unable to attach to Internet Explorer Error Window

Hi Everyone,

When I am trying to attach to Internet Explorer Error Window I am getting the following error.
"Target Application Could not be Identified".
In the attach stage I have provided Process Name as iexplore ,window Title *Internet Explorer* and child count I tried with 0 and 1. Please advise.
I have attached screen shots for reference.

Regards,
Mani.

Attachments

• Error_1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Window.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 87

LeoLugo

Try using:
Process name:"iexplore"
Leave the window title empty
child count:0
This should work. I think you might be misunderstanding what is supposed to be in "Window Title". "Window Title" is essentially the title of the tab within IE.
Sometimes when you do things incorrectly in BP it will cause IE to crash. If you confirm that what I wrote above actually works you can add "Window Title" back in if you want. You should play around with it so you can gain an understanding in how it actually works.

LeoLugo

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your problem. When you try to attach to IE it will attach to the browser window itself and the child index is the tab within the window. So it looks like you are attempting to attach to a window which has a tab with the title "*Internet Explorer*". I'm not 100% sure that what you are trying to do can actually be done but if it can you would have to somehow spy the error window in Win32 mode i believe.

Last edited: