Unable to copy/paste collection data from Excel to web application

uvrkc

Hi All,

I try to automate an web application for downloading documents based upon the input from the Excel Sheet.
These are the steps involving to download the document from web portal
1) login into web portal --> success
2) Navigate to particular Page --> Success
3) giving basic input for search criteria --> success
4) open file and fetching data from Excel to collections --> success
5) pasting those collection data(input may vary from 1 to 500) in to web portal --> failed

need your support, that how to copy all collected data(means multiple rows data) either from excel to web portal or from collections to web portal.

i am attaching images for your reference.
1) Excel Data --> contains list which need to copy to paste it in web portal space
2) webportal space --> here the copy data from excel or collections to be pasted.

BR//
UVRKC

Attachments

• webportal space.JPG
    webportal space.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 52
  • excel data.JPG
    excel data.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 52

VJR

Hi uvrkc,

Usually we write data of one type to the destination of the same type ie; from text data item to a textbox on the web or a desktop application. But in this case it involves writing/copying a Collection type to a Text type of data. So you might have to use different workarounds rather than a direct approach. Here is what I can think of-

Copy the excel data to Clipboard and from there writing to your web textbox:

This includes your flow as below-
1525984810116.png

Once you open your workbook
- Select Cells: uses 'Select' action of MS Excel VBO. In the cell reference parameter give the desired range that you want to copy eg; "A1:A10". You can also use a dynamic range if you do not know how much data is present in that column. For that use "A1:A" & [LastRow]
where LastRow is a data item derived from the 'Get Number Of Rows' action of MS Excel VBO.
- Copy: uses 'Copy' action of MS Excel VBO

After running till the above stages, your data will be selected as below and a bordered selected area will be shown just like when you do a Ctrl + C.
1525985222391.png

- Launch or attach to you application - May be it is already launched.
- Then use the 'Get Clipboard' action of Utility Environment
This will get the data from the clipboard as as Text data item as below
1525985368280.png

Now you are ready to write/paste into the web text box
- Spy your textbox using the Application modeller
- Use a Writer stage to directly write this Clipboard data item to that textbox.
1525985460245.png

Alternatively, instead of a Writer stage you can also use (Sendkeys Ctrl + V) as soon as you copied it from Excel and Paste it onto the textbox. But that requires accurate focus on the application and on that textbox. But I won't suggest it, since Writer stage will always reliably write that data onto the textbox.

uvrkc

Hi VJR,

Thanks for your valuable support.

The solution that you given was absolutely working fine and it resolves my Issue.

BR//
UVRKC

Reactions: VJR

jk0607

Hi VJR,
I wanted to use the collection data column either to copy so that I could directly use it in the application via different ways or was lopping it. Lopping works fine but consumes a lot of time. This solution is perfect.