Unable to open an Excel Workbook

heatherG

Did the above suggestion work? I was going to suggest using a file name data item and pass it to the action stage.

sebeid

I've had the same problem for a few days, but I got it working now. I had to set everything to English/United States. So set the language in Excel to English (United States), and the go to the Time And Language settings on your Windows 10. I changed the region and language to English there. I also went to "Administrative language settings" and set the Language for non-Unicode programs to english, the location to United States and the format to English (United States). That solved it for me, hope it helps!

Nisha Sonawane

Anybody got the solution? as I am facing the same issue, Can anybody suggest on this?
error: Unable to open given file, file does not exists or not a file

Nisha Sonawane

Hi got the Solution, please do mention the valid path (with double slash - \\ ) into Data Item without quotes and pass this variable to open work book activity,

J_autobot23

A similar thread mentions the same error with a csv file. However the steps to reproduce were similar in that an Open Workbook stage was used. here is the link to the other thread: https://www.rpaforum.net/threads/un...en-thrown-by-the-target-of-an-invocation.549/

If that does not help then my guess on looking at the details of the error, this could be a problem with a missing External Reference or Namespace Import on the workstation. See attached, can you build out a similar process with a totally different Excel file and path, and validate it works?

Attachments

• Open Workbook Process1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Open Workbook Process1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 34

jagadeesanp06

Hi Friends,

Even I had same issue in my laptop. While running in BP, I got a same error still we unable to resolve the issue. And, I have tried above listed suggestions also but, its not working. If any body know the solution, please let me know.

franable

Hi all
I've got the same error.
it is not due to a Ms excel incompatible version (i have the 2016).
even regional language settings are ok.
tryng to understand where the problem is i found that the execution of open workbook code fail at this command line:

Dim wb As Object = Invoke(workbooks, "Open", filename)

there someone who can help me?
thank you

edwards142

When I was stuck in such a similar situation of unable to open Excel Workbook I was frequently getting one error Workbook Cannot Be Opened Or Repaired”. Well to fix this Excel error I have tried the following fixes:
  • Open your Excel application and then go to the File menu. Tap the “Open” option and choose the Excel file which is showing the error.
  • From the drop-down list of “Open” tab choose the “Open and Repair” option.
  • Hit the “Repair” button.