Unable to open the excel workbook it shows message -File Not Found "file.xlsx" does not exist or is not a file

shankar

Unable to open the excel workbook it shows message -File Not Found "file.xlsx" does not exist or is not a file

Attachments

• Excel_workbook.JPG
    Excel_workbook.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 275

shankar

Hi VJ,

G is a local drive. Even i tried "‪‪‪G:\\Infanion_CC\\Blue_Prism\\Excel\\Alexa.xlsx". Still im unable to open the file.

VJR

Hi shankar,

In the screenshot it shows the file name as abcd.xlsx but in the above path it is Alexa.xlsx. Is the stage referring to a different file or instance/handle? Can you take care of that.

Also you can get the exact file name with path by simultaneously pressing Shift and then right clicking on the file. That menu will show 'Copy as path' along with double quotes. Paste that along with the quotes in the open stage parameter.

Trupti

I am facing this same issue . Can anybody help as to what can the issue be and how can i resolve it. I am simply trying to open the excel workbook. But it gives the error as " File Not found. File does not exist or is not a File"

Sukesh Kumaru

I am facing this same issue . Can anybody help as to what can the issue be and how can i resolve it. I am simply trying to open the excel workbook. But it gives the error as " File Not found. File does not exist or is not a File"
Hello Trupti,

Please provide correct handle number and make sure that the filepath doesn't has "" starting and ending position.

If you still face the same issue please ping me.

VJR

Hi Trupti,

At which stage are you seeing this error. If it is at the Open Workbook then do provide the correct handle and the File Name parameter enclosed within quotes. A good way to get the correct file name is go to the location of the file and while pressing Shift, right click on the file. Now you will see an option as 'Copy as path'. This is copied along with double quotes enclosed to the path. Paste it directly into the File Name parameter without making any changes. The other thing is to make sure to use the correct Handle.

edwards142

When I was unable to open my Excel file I was encountering this error message ‘Excel Cannot Open The File ‘(Filename)’.Xlsx’.
The very first reason behind getting this error is the file extension mismatches. So why don’t you just try changing the Excel Sheet File Extension:
  • Verify the support of .xlsx extension and after then go to the 'My Computer'.
  • Now browse the Tools > Folder Options > File Types.
  • Check the 'xlsx' extension is included there or not. If it’s not then rename the file and change the '.xlsx' to '.xls'.

For more fixes like this, check out this post on Excel cannot open the file.