Unable to open the workbook in Blueprism

jagadeesanp06

I have created logic's in process level for 'Open Workbook', I got an error message while running this steps in blue prism " Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". If any one know the solution regarding this issue. could you please help me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 123

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,

Show me the entire process steps for loading the excel to collection and make sure that you had used a "create instance" action before "Open Workbook".

Good Luck.

jagadeesanp06

Hi Sukesh,

Thanks for your reply. Please find the below screenshot as requested. I have created "Instance & OpenWorkbook and all action steps, I think its not related to process flow error. I hope something technical issue I don't know what is happening on my system, If you have any idea about this please let me share your thoughts.

View attachment 1547312316673.png

jagadeesanp06

Hi All,

Finally I resolved it my excel issue because of my BP Version has been updated from 6.3 to 6.4, now I can able to access write and read options in excel. I hope it's something technical issue, I don't know why my system was not supporting to 6.3 version. God grace now its working perfectly. !!!

Elvis

Hi All,

Finally I resolved it my excel issue because of my BP Version has been updated from 6.3 to 6.4, now I can able to access write and read options in excel. I hope it's something technical issue, I don't know why my system was not supporting to 6.3 version. God grace now its working perfectly. !!!
what is the exactly solution, please. i have the same problem with EXCELopen.

Hey guys try to open Excel manually then you will see it may be asking for repair because of compatibility issue... So if you click yes then save it then try to open in Blueprism it will work.

susheel.chandra

I have created logic's in process level for 'Open Workbook', I got an error message while running this steps in blue prism " Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". If any one know the solution regarding this issue. could you please help me.

hi,

i got a solution for it from bluePrism.

You may encounter a scenario where the MS Excel VBO is not opening the Excel workbook. The VBO works if the language settings are English but doesn’t work with any other language setting, instead failing with the following error:
“Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. "​

How to resolve this issue
Perform the following steps:
  1. Access the MS Excel VBO.
  2. On the Initialise tab, double-click on the MS Excel VBO to access the business properties.
    1.png

3. Select the Global Code tab.
    2%20code.PNG

4. Once in the Global Code, replace the culture parameter with Nothing in the Invoke, SetProperty, and Get Property methods (highlighted below):
3.png

It worked for me.

Best regards,
Susheel

lili

hi,

You may encounter a scenario where the MS Excel VBO is not opening the Excel workbook. The VBO works if the language settings are English but doesn’t work with any other language setting, instead failing with the following error:
“Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. "​

2. On the Initialise tab, double-click on the MS Excel VBO to access the business properties.
    1.png

2%20code.PNG

4. Once in the Global Code, replace the culture parameter with Nothing in the Invoke, SetProperty, and Get Property methods (highlighted below):
3.png

It worked for me.

Best regards,
Susheel
It worked for me,too.
Thank you for your share!!!!

graziela gloria

Hi, many thanks to share it. I also did it as another people explained here but although it worked in my personal computer with the trial version of BP, it unfortunately did not word at the company because we are blocked to change BP Codes because of the rights.

I also changed the language setting to English US but sth muss be wrong, because it still do not work...

Do you know what that still can be changed?

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Graziela
hi,

1.png

2%20code.PNG

3.png

It worked for me.

Best regards,
Susheel