Unable to pass global send key via Control room while it's working in Process and Object studio.

nitish.sharma10

Hi Folks,

I have a page in my process where I am traversing through a web portal and selecting an excel for download via clicking download button after selecting the file. Once the bot click on Download button , IE explorer opens up Save menu where I am passing globals send key event "<{ALT}<{SHIFT}s>{SHIFT}>{ALT}" which is working fine via Both object and process studio. But when I try to run the same process via Control room, every step works fine except the above globals send key event , though the process completes in control room.

I have also tried to spy Save button via AA and Region mode which also worked fine in Process and Object studio but same behaviour is observer via Control room where control room is not able to match the spied element and terminates.

I have give sufficient wait to the process to halt before clicking the save button.

Request you to help and provide suggestions !!

Thanks,
Nitish Sharma

VJR

Hello Nitish,

Try an 'Activate Application' of the Browser window prior to the Sendkeys. For this you need to spy the outside border of the browser application in Win32 mode which will give an option as 'Activate Application' in the Navigate stage.
In reality since you are sending the keys to the Save window you need to spy the Save window (potentially using another object) and attach the object to this window before doing the SendKeys.
You also mentioned you were able to spy the Save button. Likewise were you not able to spy the textbox where the File name/path is entered and then use a Writer stage instead of the SendKeys.

nitish.sharma10

Hi VJ,

Thanks for your post !!

I have already tried "Activate Application" using Win32 mode which also didn't work.

The flow of application is like this:
1. Login to Sharepoint URL and pass authentication credentials.
2. After login, click the checkbox against the file which is to be downloaded.
3. Once the checkbox is clicked, Download button appears above it. Then , click the download button.
4. Once the download button is clicked, Open-Save-Cancel button appears at the bottom of IE browser. Save button also has a drop down option to select Save as.

In your post, you suggested to spy the Save window using another object. Is it wise to create a different object just to click a save button in IE browser and then traverse through the existing object? The reason I am asking is because global send keys are working fine for other things in the same window. The only exception is SAVE.

Can I use Download File utility? If yes, can you tell me how to use it?

Please suggest !!

VJR

Hi Nitish,

I assumed you were referring to the SaveAs dialog box and so mentioned the word "potentially" using another object since I'm unaware of the structure of your Object and also your program flow. Now when I read the 4th point in your latest post I understand that it is nothing but the default IE save popup that appears at the bottom of the browser. (website url masked to give privacy consideration to the other website).
So you don't need to create a separate object.

1527258550797.png

The procedure I followed was-
- Launch the website
- Dynamic Wait time for the Download link to load on the page
- Click on Download link
- Dynamic Wait time for the above 'Save' button to show up
- Spyed the Save button using AA mode. Refer Matched attributes below.
Then Click on the Save button (used Global Mouse Click Center)
- This finished downloading the file to its default location.
1527259715576.png
- Called this Object from the Process studio - worked fine without any issues
- Called the Process from the Control room - downloaded the file without any issues

The difference is you are trying this on a SharePoint link and I have tried on an external website but shouldn't cause any issues. So I really don't see any reason for it to not work from the Control Room.
One difference that I noticed, which did not occur with you, is when I used SendKeys for Alt S it did not click the Save button even from the Object Studio. But worked when used the Click Save button. So I could only tell you to make some changes in the diagram or spying, do some trial & error and see what works out.

1527258026879.png

VJR

Hi VJ,

Thanks for you advice !!

I managed to get it running by using Region mode and apply throttle in beginning and in b/w using wait stage.
Hi nitish,

Good to know that you were able to achieve what you were looking for. Just a recommended tip is that Region mode should only be used when none of the other modes work. The above suggested approach uses AA mode. But there might be certain other issues that you might be facing for which you may have used Region mode. So its good to go.

BenKaba2

Hi Nitish,

I assumed you were referring to the SaveAs dialog box and so mentioned the word "potentially" using another object since I'm unaware of the structure of your Object and also your program flow. Now when I read the 4th point in your latest post I understand that it is nothing but the default IE save popup that appears at the bottom of the browser. (website url masked to give privacy consideration to the other website).
So you don't need to create a separate object.

View attachment 863

The procedure I followed was-
- Launch the website
- Dynamic Wait time for the Download link to load on the page
- Click on Download link
- Dynamic Wait time for the above 'Save' button to show up
- Spyed the Save button using AA mode. Refer Matched attributes below.
Then Click on the Save button (used Global Mouse Click Center)
- This finished downloading the file to its default location.
View attachment 864
- Called this Object from the Process studio - worked fine without any issues
- Called the Process from the Control room - downloaded the file without any issues

The difference is you are trying this on a SharePoint link and I have tried on an external website but shouldn't cause any issues. So I really don't see any reason for it to not work from the Control Room.
One difference that I noticed, which did not occur with you, is when I used SendKeys for Alt S it did not click the Save button even from the Object Studio. But worked when used the Click Save button. So I could only tell you to make some changes in the diagram or spying, do some trial & error and see what works out.

View attachment 862
Hey
I am trying to follow these step to make blue prism click on the save button in control room but it is still failing to do so. So I will like to know what other option I can exploit ??