unable to select dropdown in SAP

poorvi

Please let me know how to select the dropdown in sap, which spying mode will work?

Ex > order reason i want select any reason from the dropdown, i am unable to do that !! kindly help me to sort this issue .

Capture.PNG

upe

Hi poorvi,
When nothing else work, just use Regions mode to open the dropdown.
The dropdown itself might be ok to spy with other mode than Regions mode.

poorvi

Hi poorvi,
When nothing else work, just use Regions mode to open the dropdown.
The dropdown itself might be ok to spy with other mode than Regions mode.

Hey thanks for your reply,
How do i select blank option from dropdown?What input values need to be provided?

Last edited:

upe

Hi poorvi,
Actually, I haven't selected a blank option.
I guess that you should provide something like "".
Maybe that depend on which spy-mode you use.

jk0607

Hi Poorvi,

Right click on the window and then try sending global send keys to the drop down. Capture the drop down by hovering the location in the SAP mode and GSK should help you on which reason want to select.

poorvi

Thanks Jk and upe,

I am Using Blue prism version 5. When i spy from SAP Mode, I am getting only select option, no global send keys.

upe

Hi poorvi,

What happens if you just select "" in your application?
By the way, Global Send Keys works on highest level in Application Explorer. Just activate the window you want to send too.

Attachments

• poorvi.png
    poorvi.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 31

poorvi

Thanks upe,

If i select "" It is not working. I need to select blank option which i marked.
I could achieve till global send keys "{ENTER}" for selecting the combo box.
How i can achieve the position of the required item to be selected using global send keys.

1526643209179.png

View attachment 810

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    50.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

VJR

Hi poorvi,

I suggest first do the selection manually (without BP) and see which key combinations work.
In a general application, after you open the dropdown, pressing END will take you to the last element in the dropdown and then pressing ENTER will close the dropdown.
So your Sendkeys combination will be -
In the navigate stage one row for "{END}"
and another row for "{ENTER}"

Regarding selecting other items, just sending keys as "09" should take you to the "09 Check Debit memo" entry.

poorvi

Hi VJ,

Thanks, Your guidelines helped me lot..
I am facing some more issue

1.It is running fine with stage wise , but it not working in one flow .

2. After spying it is working fine with that moment, after sometime when i try to rerun it throwing below error :

Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'REMOVE BILLING BLOCK' on page 'Return order' - Unable to match any windows with the query terms
Error - Highlighting results - Unable to match any windows with the query terms

Please help me know which i attribute i need to check or unchecked.

Thanks,
Poorvi

VJR

Hi Poorvi,

If it is running at first while spying but not later then try giving Dynamic Wait stages prior to the 'REMOVE BILLING BLOCK' Navigate Stage.
Other combinations to try would be to tick Oridinal attribute if its present. Also make use of Match Index and/or Match Reverse and/or any other attribute using Dynamic Match feature of Blue Prism.
The reason I have mentioned and/or is you will need to do a trial & error using one option at first and then combination of options in order to match the element correctly. For eg; At first try with only Ordinal attribute. If it doesn't work then with Match Index then again combination of Ordinal and Match Index that way. I am guessing that if Ordinal attribute is present in your SAP application that may be the one which will work for you.

poorvi

Hi VJ,
Appreciate quick response.

I tried with dynamic wait and other attribute combination also, still it is not working. Any other suggestion.