Unable to spy the popups in IE

Sanjesh007

I am in the process of modeling a web application and as part of the process pop-up windows are required for username and password. However when I try to spy for the elements of the pop-up window (using any of the spying techniques) I get the following error message:
----------------error message----------------------
There was an error during the spying operation.
System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
----------------------------------------------------------------
appreciate your help!

VJR

Hi Sanjesh007,

Check if the below two options (and the other ones) are correctly selected in the wizard for the Application Modeller
i. Windows based or browser type application
ii. Application Manager mode (eg; if you are using a 64 bit system, then select 64 bit)
iii. also the rest of the options.

VJR

Hi Sanjesh007,

Christer's suggestion is a good idea to do. I was going to suggest you to create a totally new object (outside of your existing one) and use it for the uid/pwd screens.

Sanjesh007

Hi Sanjesh007,

Christer's suggestion is a good idea to do. I was going to suggest you to create a totally new object (outside of your existing one) and use it for the uid/pwd screens.
Hi VJR and Christer,

Thank you for the efforts, I will try this.

Regards,
Sanjesh

Sanky_RPA

Hi Sanjesh007,

Hi VJR,
Pardon me if my query sounds too basic to you however even I am stuck at this pop up thing .
I have automated a website "Currency converter website " and sometimes I get a pop up on website with window title "Internet Explorer" and content as "This page is trying to access information ....." with a "YES" and "No" button .
I have understood that I will have to create a new BO to spy this pop up however can you please tell me in bit more detail how that has to be done or correct me in below steps if anything wrong .

Original BO : Which opens up website and does currency conversion , at instance s when it gets that pop up I am throwing an exception . When I get that exception then I need to click the "NO" button on Pop up .
New BO : Will have parameters as "Browser application ,website launched through browser, with all details exactly like my Original BO .
Now I create a "ATTACH" stage which should attach that entire browser window and then I should be able to spy pop up in win32 mode ?

However this "Attach" isn't working and hence spying is not happening ...

Anyhelp would be much appreciated ... Apologies if the question is too naive .

VJR

Hi Sanky_RPA,

Your query doesn't sound basic neither it is naive :). All of us are learning on this site and otherwise.

In fact attach/detach is one of the things that doesn't correctly work at all the times unless it is handled very properly.
Would you want to take a look if this is the pop up you are experiencing and follow the instructions to disable it at its root.
https://www.urtech.ca/2016/04/solve...ng-information-that-is-not-under-its-control/

Sanky_RPA

Hi Sanky_RPA,

Your query doesn't sound basic neither it is naive :). All of us are learning on this site and otherwise.

In fact attach/detach is one of the things that doesn't correctly work at all the times unless it is handled very properly.
Would you want to take a look if this is the pop up you are experiencing and follow the instructions to disable it at its root.
https://www.urtech.ca/2016/04/solve...ng-information-that-is-not-under-its-control/

Hi VJR,

Thank You very much for the idea , however I do not wish to disable the pop-up , instead I want to catch it and explicitly close it using RPA .
The thing I am stuck at is "How do I spy it in a new object which I would create and attach" . Could you help me in this, or if you have any working solution on how do we spy pop ups then that would be of great help ?

VJR

Hi Sanky_RPA,

- In order to take a look are you using the currency converter website from the Blue Prism video tutorials?
- When does the popup appear? Is it at a fixed time - eg; when the page is loaded, or after a button is clicked, etc?
- You mentioned you are able to catch it in an exception stage. So is it right to assume that the diagram always knows when the popup appears?
- What is the error message in the Exception stage when the diagram catches it?
- Also let me know the steps to reproduce the popup.

Sanky_RPA

Hi Sanky_RPA,

- In order to take a look are you using the currency converter website from the Blue Prism video tutorials?
- When does the popup appear? Is it at a fixed time - eg; when the page is loaded, or after a button is clicked, etc?
- You mentioned you are able to catch it in an exception stage. So is it right to assume that the diagram always knows when the popup appears?
- What is the error message in the Exception stage when the diagram catches it?
- Also let me know the steps to reproduce the popup.

Yeah it is the same currency converter , The pop up isn't at fixed time so what i am doing is when my flow throws exception as "Failed to find the field" then I am assuming that pop up has arrived . And at this instance we need to route the flow such that it clicks on that "NO" button on Pop Up .
And for this I need to spy the pop up .

VJR

Ok, so for the steps in the New VBO,
- Define a new application model > Browser based application > A browser which is already running > Give the window title of the popup without quotes. > Leave the window process name blank > Path for iexplore.exe > Url of the webpage. Can enter the same that you used for the Original VBO > Keep clicking Next till the end of the wizard.
- Bring up the popup intentionally and then spy the 'No' button using the New VBO. AA mode will capture it.
- The New VBO will contain a Navigate stage with an Attach action to the root element on the left hand side.
In the bottom parameters give the window title of the popup in double quotes.
- Add another Navigate stage and select the Press action for that button.
- See if this closes the popup. The rest will be to handle the Attach back to the Original VBO if in case it has been detached or better to use IsConnected to attach back to the Original VBO.
- Do share what happens with the process.

Sanky_RPA

Ok, so for the steps in the New VBO,
- Define a new application model > Browser based application > A browser which is already running > Give the window title of the popup without quotes. > Leave the window process name blank > Path for iexplore.exe > Url of the webpage. Can enter the same that you used for the Original VBO > Keep clicking Next till the end of the wizard.
- Bring up the popup intentionally and then spy the 'No' button using the New VBO. AA mode will capture it.
- The New VBO will contain a Navigate stage with an Attach action to the root element on the left hand side.
In the bottom parameters give the window title of the popup in double quotes.
- Add another Navigate stage and select the Press action for that button.
- See if this closes the popup. The rest will be to handle the Attach back to the Original VBO if in case it has been detached or better to use IsConnected to attach back to the Original VBO.
- Do share what happens with the process.
Hey Thanks a lot This is what i was looking for , Currently seems my BP has some issues once it is resolved , I will get back to you with what has happened :)

VJR

Alright, make sure you do not step through the process and check. Stepping through does not give the required focus to the application. Run the process in an unattended way. Add wait stages wherever appropriate.

Sanky_RPA

Alright, make sure you do not step through the process and check. Stepping through does not give the required focus to the application. Run the process in an unattended way. Add wait stages wherever appropriate.
Yes Sure..

VJR

hienxiu

Hi everyone,

Just to follow up on this thread, could you please help me with the issues below?

1. I follow the instructions above from VJR and couple of issues:
a. Could you let me know how exactly do I attach back to the original VBO? (I'm very new with this, so specific steps would be grateful)
b. When I run the original VBO, then it reaches the pop up stage, then I use the new VBO that was created specifically for the pop up (essentially hopping between 2 different VBO here). In this Pop up VBO, I have included a navigation that if it's not attached to the root pop up VBO, then the first step is to attach. If it already attached, then click a button. However, I got an error "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Navigate1' on page 'Initialise' - Target application could not be identified"

2. How do I spy a pop up by IE when you click download, and the top up is related to excel download file, which you have to choose "open"? Blueprism doesn't seem to see this pop up.

Thanks,

sudharshini

Hi Everyone ,

I have a doubt related to this thread. what if the windows security pop-up window comes at any time ? like not at any fixed time .once I login to the application in the middle of the work flow I encounter same windows security pop-up window that asks for credentials again .can someone help me out with this.