Unable to start Listener

riderc1

I've been having problems getting BP Scheduler to work. We are trying to use Login Agent on our RR system. What I'm seeing:
-Scheduler fails to run the Login Agent Login process. It says bad username or credentials. (They are correct). I can either schedule this to happen in the future or right click on the schedule, Run Now, and see it fail to Login.
-If I go to BP Control, drag the Login process to the RR and run it, it works. To me, this proves my user/credentials are correct (besides the fact that I can logon to the Windows RR using same information).

I was looking on my RR Event Viewer and found a lot of Blue Prism critical errors. They occur every two minutes. They say "Unable to start listener - is this machine already running as a Resource PC? : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

I do not know if the two issues are related, but I suspect I need to resolve the Listener issue regardless.

sudhir.phogat87

"Unable to start listener - is this machine already running as a Resource PC? : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

I faced this error when I tried starting the server from command prompt, than I noticed that I have already opened my BP client, so unable to start the server because already port 8181 is in use. I closed the BP client and stopped the server. I again tried from cmd and it was successfully started.

I hope this gives you a hint to resolve your problem.

Jenitha

"Unable to start listener - is this machine already running as a Resource PC? : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted"

I faced this error when I tried starting the server from command prompt, than I noticed that I have already opened my BP client, so unable to start the server because already port 8181 is in use. I closed the BP client and stopped the server. I again tried from cmd and it was successfully started.

I hope this gives you a hint to resolve your problem.
This Particular error is resolved by doing so.