Unexpected behavior in spying row in child window table > Action Focus?

harish17

Hello Every one

I was using Web Application and BElow are the steps in order to complete the Automation.

1. Login
2. Pass some ID in html BOX
3. Click Search button
4. When you click Search button it will open child windows (I said child but I am not able to spy the child window in win 32 )
5. Once child window opens the Click Some thing like table will appear with first row having columns and second row has values
6. BOt will Double click any value in the second row then the child window will be closed automatically and parent window navigate to new page

Under 6th step I am facing issue > Issue is I spied the values in the second window When I try to highlight the it is highlighting in Application modeller. and Also in Navigation stage I used Action Verify to Highlight it is still working But The desired result is to click any value in the second ROw. It is not working neither Focus and Double click

I never faced this kind of issue before, Could some one suggest me how to fix this issue?

Last edited:

ivan.gordeyev

Please note that it is always helpful to readers to know your windows/browser name and version. For now I am assuming that you are using IE as this is the browser where I had similar issues.

Blue Prism has specific recommendations about IE behaviour. Please see their guide in Blue Prism portal.
When I first had that issue, I didn’t know that registry settings fix could simplify the multi tab/multi window automation, hence it is worth at least knowing. From what I remember (I am sorry for not checking as I am on a mobile device), it would represent each tab, window as a separate process.

The reason why you cannot spy the second window, is due to the need to attach to it. Your window might have opened as a new process/session/sub process.

My approach was to detach from the original window and attach to a new, secondary window, then deal with secondary window and the attach to the original first window. Since it worked well I have never saw the reason ( or at the time had time to experiment with this).

Short summary:
Detach from original window
Attach to new window
Deal with new window
Attach to the original window

harish17

Thanks for your response ivon.

I am sorry if am not clear, and we are usingusing web application browser is internet explorer.

And I am able to spy the elements in the second window but when I use the action focus or double click center or click center it is navigating those stages with out error but am not getting an expected results... when I use action called focus it suppose to show the particular element was focused .but some reason it is not focusing the specified element...when I use other actions in navigation stage such as verify and get path it is working

In short
Actions such as focus and double click center or click center are not working with the spied element.
Actions such as verify and get path are working with out any issue.