Unhandled error

Daenerys

Hi, I have a preprocess that handles items to queue from which the actual processes pick them up. It has worked like dream, but lately I've received this after re-running it in Control room: ERROR: Internal : Unhandled error occurred in the Right function: Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero. I have not done any changes anywhere, the input material is in order etc., so what could be causing this?

VJR

Hi Daenerys,

This pretty sure is happening because the second parameter 'Length' is not getting the desired value. Are you using the Right function in conjunction with the other string functions like Left, Mid or Instr? If so also check the outputs returned by those functions.
It may appear on a superficial level that all inputs are fine and nothing has changed. There could be some invisible characters too like space, tab, newline, etc. So have a mechanism in the diagram (like writing to a text file) that can tell what was the original string that was passed to each of the above functions and what was returned from each of them before going to the Right function to help troubleshoot the error.

sivagelli

hi, check the Expression containing Right function and the arguments. If the length argument is picked from any Data Stage, make sure the data stage is passing values > 0.