Update Sharepoint Metdata

Maximus

Hi,

My client uses SharePoint as its document management system. Problem is, the documents are managed using custom metadata. I understand that SharePoint documents can be uploaded and accessed via the File Management utility, however if I do upload a file, the end-user won't be able to see it unless certain metadata tags are set.

Does anyone know how to set SharePoint metadata via Blue Prism or VBA?

Thanks

Hi,

My client uses SharePoint as its document management system. Problem is, the documents are managed using custom metadata. I understand that SharePoint documents can be uploaded and accessed via the File Management utility, however if I do upload a file, the end-user won't be able to see it unless certain metadata tags are set.

Does anyone know how to set SharePoint metadata via Blue Prism or VBA?

Thanks
Can you share what metadata needs to be set? Could it be possible to set up SharePoint workflows which trigger when the file is created and set the metadata as required?

It is possible to integrate Blue Prism with SharePoint via SharePoint Client object model (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...erations-using-sharepoint-client-library-code). You can create a BP object that interacts with SharePoint via code stages and does basic actions.

Without knowing what metadata you want to set, I'm not sure what to suggest.