Using BluePrism for doing tasks through VNC Viewer/Remote Desktop Connection

undrags

Asking if it's possible to do the above. When attempting to identify elements after connecting to the remote workstation/desktop I find myself unable to select the elements in the foreground. I realized that this won't work already prior because from what I understand the RDC/VNC Viewer only relays a screen capture of the remote workstation/desktop, which does not really give actual interactive elements.

Still, I think it might help if I specify what I need to do.

-

The workstation/desktop when accessed fairly static and the task needed to be done is straightforward.
>Save Number Values found in Open Application
>Close Running Application
>Re-Open Application
and possibly
>Identify Warning/Error Pop-Up Messages from Application

I assume closing and re-opening the application can be done through Region Mode, possibly even assessing if a Warning/Error Message has popped up but from what I understand I can't have it read the image of the number values\error messages as text and save it as a text variable?

-

I assume that the answer here is probably that BluePrism itself should be in the workstation itself instead of just having another workstation access the alternate workstation as a virtual desktop?

Deeply appreciate any insight given here. Though personally I think I may have just to insist that BluePrism itself is needed in the remote workstation to be accessed.

undrags

Yep, through a VDI.

From what I understand you are agreeing with me that I need to to have the BluePrism installed in the workstation where I want the task to be automated right?

deep.pro09

Asking if it's possible to do the above. When attempting to identify elements after connecting to the remote workstation/desktop I find myself unable to select the elements in the foreground. I realized that this won't work already prior because from what I understand the RDC/VNC Viewer only relays a screen capture of the remote workstation/desktop, which does not really give actual interactive elements.

-

The workstation/desktop when accessed fairly static and the task needed to be done is straightforward.
>Re-Open Application
and possibly

I assume closing and re-opening the application can be done through Region Mode, possibly even assessing if a Warning/Error Message has popped up but from what I understand I can't have it read the image of the number values\error messages as text and save it as a text variable?

-

I assume that the answer here is probably that BluePrism itself should be in the workstation itself instead of just having another workstation access the alternate workstation as a virtual desktop?

Deeply appreciate any insight given here. Though personally I think I may have just to insist that BluePrism itself is needed in the remote workstation to be accessed.

Try to double click that number, copy it and paste it in the notepad. If you are able to do this, then you need to use save clipboard option.

deepakbn9099

-

>Re-Open Application
and possibly

-

Is it resolved ? Even i got stuck in the same scenario !!