using multi choice with collections

raniamh

i have about 3 collections and i want to write into an excel and send them in mail separately, i tried to use multi choice to finalize one after the other but it doesn't work
any other idea how to do this?
i will put screen shots below for more illustration

Attachments

• collection issue 2.png
    collection issue 2.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 11
  • collection issue 1.png
    collection issue 1.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 11

Pete_L

You might want to try using decision stages instead of the choice stage. First, count the rows in each of the 3 collections and store the counts in 3 data items. Next, run through a series of decision stages: Is No Amount Count >0? Yes path goes to Write Report - No Amount, and No path goes to the next decision stage: Is Pending Difference Policy Count >0? Yes path goes to Write Report - Pending, and No path goes to the next decision stage: Is Ready To Print Policy Count >0? Yes path goes to Ready To Print - Standard Sheet, No path goes to whatever you have coded for your Otherwise path (which is not shown in the screenshot). If you want to clear the collections after writing the associated report, then add that step into each path.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

raniamh

You might want to try using decision stages instead of the choice stage. First, count the rows in each of the 3 collections and store the counts in 3 data items. Next, run through a series of decision stages: Is No Amount Count >0? Yes path goes to Write Report - No Amount, and No path goes to the next decision stage: Is Pending Difference Policy Count >0? Yes path goes to Write Report - Pending, and No path goes to the next decision stage: Is Ready To Print Policy Count >0? Yes path goes to Ready To Print - Standard Sheet, No path goes to whatever you have coded for your Otherwise path (which is not shown in the screenshot). If you want to clear the collections after writing the associated report, then add that step into each path.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.
Yes, it did . many thanks