Utilising Javascript object (?)

Robertics

Hi all,
I’ve been googling around for an answer, but since I'm lacking the proper terminology, that might be the reason for not finding any answers.

I’m trying to find out if it’s possible to trigger a javascript object in Blue Prism:
Not too sure if ‘object’ is the proper terminology here, but it’s a script that’s being executed upon clicking a button on a site. Example:
Code:
javascript:__searchPosts('ctl00$Content$tvFolders','sR:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*\\R:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*2018*|*\\R:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*2018*|*12*|*\\R:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*2018*|*12*|*11*|*')

Instead of making a VBO clicking the button, I want instead to send the accompanying JavaScript code that is triggered (as there’s some variables in there that would lead to immediate results, instead of having to click through multiple foldout trees).
To my knowledge, this is different from triggering a JavaScript function (which is already defined on the page), which is supported by Blue Prism.

I currently got this working by Blue Prism going to Internet Explorer’s developer’s tools, and selecting the Console (in which the Javascript:- line is then executed), but I wondered if there is native support for this in Blue Prism.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Robertics

I've actually found the solution: To execute the above, you can enter a Navigation-stage, select the Element you like to target, and select 'Insert Javascript Fragment' in the Actions-dropdown.
Then in the Input-field below, you can enter the entire string, e.g.:
Code:
javascript:__searchPosts('ctl00$Content$tvFolders','sR:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*\\R:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*2018*|*\\R:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*2018*|*12*|*\\R:*|*TESTEnvironment*|*tmp*|*2018*|*12*|*11*|*')