VM as Runtime Resource

RPAVienna

Hi all,

Currently I'm trying to run processes through a schedule on a vm. I set up the vm as runtime resource und startet the app server so that I can trigger the processes either manually or through a schedule from my local machine.
I can perform actions like sending a mail through an smtp request. However, every process that needs visual interaction (clicking through programmes) fails.

Does anyone have an idea why these processes fail?

Setup:
- VM as RR with app server running -> Then close remote session
- Trigger process from my local machine -> "interactive" processes fail

First, I thought that the VM is in lock mode when there is no rdp session, but how is it able to send emails then (via smtp server)?
I can also start programmes, but cannot interact with them.

BR Lukas

sahil_raina_91

Hi all,

Currently I'm trying to run processes through a schedule on a vm. I set up the vm as runtime resource und startet the app server so that I can trigger the processes either manually or through a schedule from my local machine.
I can perform actions like sending a mail through an smtp request. However, every process that needs visual interaction (clicking through programmes) fails.

Does anyone have an idea why these processes fail?

Setup:
- VM as RR with app server running -> Then close remote session
- Trigger process from my local machine -> "interactive" processes fail

First, I thought that the VM is in lock mode when there is no rdp session, but how is it able to send emails then (via smtp server)?
I can also start programmes, but cannot interact with them.

BR Lukas

I think, you will need to install Login Agent and login to the VM/windows via that, if you are not sure whether you are signed in to the VM/windows.
Blueprism guide on Login Agent + Installer can be found in the portal.

Also refer their Remote Access for Control and Monitor guide in case you want some information on accessing Runtime Resources.

RPAVienna

Thank you Sahil for your response. I will request the necessary policy changes at my it department and install the login agent then.