Warning threshold

Cristine014

Hello everyone. I am fixing some errors in UAT when Warning status shows in control room. When i check the logs it shows as - the host never became idle within the limited timeout period of 30 seconds.

Jothin Georgi

Hi Cristine,

Control Room may display a status of 'Warning' against some Runtime Resources.

I4znkUf2oHBRqD8FTddSJus80IRo9Uq3-Q

A 'Warning' state indicates that a specific session of a running Process has exceeded the set Warning time.

The 'Warning' state in Control Room is calculated in the application by comparing the 'lastupdated' and 'warningthreshold' fields on BPASession with the current time. Therefore, if the 'lastupdated' time is longer ago than the 'warningthreshold', then you will get the Warning status. The 'Warning' state itself is not stored in a field in the database.

The Warning time is set in the System > Settings screen in the System Wide Settings area:

warning%202.png

The Default Session Warning Time allows an administrator to set the default amount of time (in minutes) that a session can remain on the same stage, before it is shown as a warning in Control Room. A setting of '0' will disable any session being shown as a warning.

However, this system wide setting can be overridden at an individual stage level if required, perhaps to accommodate an expected delay during process execution. Setting the Warning threshold to '0' minutes disables the feature for this stage:

warning.png

Regards,
Jothin