What is the Best practise to use parent/child relation or seperate application modeller for each object in the same application?

harish17

Hi all,

The best practise blue prism suggested to use different object for the same application it has some advantages by using different objects
What is the best practice for application modeler to give as a parent child relationship or to make entirely separate for each object in same application for application modeller?
If it is what are the pro's and con's?

VJR

Hi harish17,

It's true that Blue Prism has recommended to use different objects and specifically speaking one object per screen.
The benefits of it are in situations where multiple developers can work on the same application, another is that only the required object is loaded onto the memory when called by the process, and change to one screen need not cause a change to all the objects.

A single object design is useful in a scenario where something like a proof of concept needs to be done.

Do go through the detailed diagrammatic explanation given in the Object Design Guide pdf on the Blue Prism portal.

harish17

Hi vjr thanks for your response,you are always very responsive thanks for sharing your knoweledge to every one.
Seems like I didn't present my question properly,
What I mean is
For example I created facebook -basic vbo which has launch,login, attach and terminate actions and iam creating one more object to find friends list in facebook . Which I would say facebook -find friend vbo in application modeller for facebook -basic vbo I will say define a new application modeller and facebook-find friends vbo if I make it as a child object which I can do by pressing appicstion modeller>application wizard > share the application model of another object is there any advantage by using child object for the same applicatio or else I can use define new application model even though it is the same application.

VJR

Hi harish17,

I do not remember seeing anywhere in the BP documentation about an existing Modeller, although there is an option to use it. The advantage could be that it is simple enough to use a ready made already existing Modeller. There could be other benefits too. But the disadvantage is that any change required to your Find Friends VBO (maybe in future) will cause you to either create a new Modeller or again go to the parent Modeller and make amendments. This is because, you may have noticed that the Modeller in the child becomes read-only if it is shared from some other object.
On the other hand if you have a separate VBO for the Find Friends then any change to this screen will cause the other VBO to remain undisturbed and untouched.

I am not able to see value in " Share application modeler of another object".i want to use the parent application modeler in another object.how can i reflect value in " Share application modeler of another object"

Hey Friends,

sharable application modeler is workinh fine on production till now suddenly we got below issue

suppose we have two textbox values for one element bot is working for first value when it goes for 2nd time it is not able to find the element again ?

Anyone has any idea ?

drubiano

One of the problem when having a shared Application modeller is that only one developer can use the application modeller for those object that are connected with it. So even if you have different object to enable multiple developers, only one can spy elements

hari

Hello,

I have existing shared (parent-child) application modeller. How can i remove the link now?

Regards,
Hari