Solved What is the handle in blue prism for?

rpaccount

What is the reason for using a handle in blue prism for?

I keep using it but i don't know why i am using it. Is it to count the number of files?
Can i use the same handle throughout the whole process? Even with different pages?

Thanks.

Sukesh Kumaru

I keep using it but i don't know why i am using it. Is it to count the number of files?
Can i use the same handle throughout the whole process? Even with different pages?

Thanks.
Hello,
Handle number in Blue Prism, is used to uniquely identify the workbook, for suppose If you are working with 2 workbooks (excel files) then there will be 2 handle numbers gets generated (for instance ex: handle1 and handle2), performing some operations on workbook1 use the handle1 and similarly workbook2 use the handle2 and so on.

I think you got clear understanding of using a HANDLE in MS EXCEL VBO.

VJR

Thanks.
As soon as a handle is created, 1 instance (for each) is created in the Task Manager which is how Blue Prism (and the Window OS) uses it to interact with the Excel application associated to the handle. Once the handle is created then it is associated to a workbook using the 'Open Workbook' action in Blue Prism.
View attachment 1530099501903.png