Window title in web automation

HKS

Hi,
I am working with web automation, for attaching (navigation) we have to pass window titles, I tried to find the window title in the source code of that website but can't find any.
So is there any way to find the window title or any other way to attach the website .. The URL of the site is https://coinmarketcap.com/..

HKS

Hello Sukesh,
I tried with wildcard, but since there is no mentioning of window title in the source code, even that's not working.

VJR

Hi,
I am working with web automation, for attaching (navigation) we have to pass window titles, I tried to find the window title in the source code of that website but can't find any.
So is there any way to find the window title or any other way to attach the website .. The URL of the site is https://coinmarketcap.com/..
Hi HKS,

If I try to do a SaveAs of the webpage it shows the below name.
Try to check if *Cryptocurrency* gives any response along with asterisk wild card before and after.

View attachment 1529578279650.png

Also I see the below tool tip when hovered the mouse over the tab text.
So check if that has anything to do. Don't give the full caption...use Wildcards
View attachment 1529578383482.png

The Task Manager also shows the same
View attachment 1529578468460.png

HKS

Hi VJR.

Thanks for the reply, As i said i checked the source code of the website and they don't have any window title,
So it won't work even if I used wildcard.
So is there any other way to attach ?

VJR

Hi HKS,

I did not anywhere mention in the post to check the source code or go by what may or may not have been used there.
Also I didn't find in the responses what was the wild card you used. Can you share the input of what all you have tried.
Secondly, are you going to have multiple IE windows open at the same time and for that reason you want to attach it using the Window Title?

HKS

Hi VJR,

Nope I won't have multiple IE windows open at the same time.
And the inputs I tried using were Crypto* , *Crypyo

Actually since i won't have multiple IE windows my process will work but what if there are multiple IE windows?

VJR

Hi VJR,

Nope I won't have multiple IE windows open at the same time.
And the inputs I tried using were Crypto* , *Crypyo

Actually since i won't have multiple IE windows my process will work but what if there are multiple IE windows?
The two inputs Crypto* , *Crypto have different meanings.
Crypto* will not work when there is a prefix before the word Crypto.
And *Crypto will not work when there is a suffix after the word Crypto.
Hence you may use *Crypto*.
For multiple IE windows you may work out the use of the Child Index parameter during the Attach.

VJR

Hi HKS,

Not sure why you didn't find the title on first occasion. Maybe it also depends on "where" you right click on the webpage to view the source.
View attachment 1530609473324.png

Even after giving the window title if you are unable to attach the window and access the elements then you might have to raise a ticket with Blue Prism who may suggest you the right course of action or an alternative.