Windows "Choose file to upload" not able to recognise

Manju

Not able to recognise the file name (i need to select a PDF file) and than i need to click on open button. But not able to do so.

1517231464319.png

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @Manju

Are you able to spy any of the buttons? If not, then you'll need to create a separate object model for the dialog box.

If you can spy the buttons then have you tried spying using AA?

Manju

No am not able to spy any buttons. I created a separate object model for the dialog box, but when i am executing it from the process studio am getting error as
"Internal: Failed to perform step 1 in navigate stage 'xxxx' on page 'xxxx'- Not connected "

RDawson9

Geek
Staff member
Hi @Manju

The “Not Connected” error means the business object you’re trying to use hasn’t yet attached to the application. You’ll need to create an Attach page and execute that before you try the above steps.

Rob

Tolani

Just as @anisjolly suggested, you should be creating a separate object to attach to the Window. If it fails to identify with AA, then try spying in Win32? To be honest, I prefer spying in Win32 for things like this as they are more suited for windows components. If your main intention is to open only a pdf document then you can use the Command Prompt Start Process, with the name of the pdf passed in.

Please, let me know your thoughts?

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Start Process -open PDF.PNG
    Start Process -open PDF.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Start Process 2.PNG
    Start Process 2.PNG
    19 KB · Views: 259

Manju

Hi,
In object studio its working fine(the pdf file name is populating in the File name). But when executing from process studio, above said error is coming. In Application modeller i have clicked on attach as we can see in the below screenshot.
1517313564443.png

anisjolly

Administrator
Hi @Manju

Can you share a screenshot of your process? Just to confirm, you are attaching in your object model to the application? If you have a separate action called Attach and you're not referencing it from within your 'Populate Filename' action then you will need to run the 'Attach' action from within the process before it will work.

pey

I am having the same issue. If I run the object itself or even "step" through the process the workflow works as expected. However, if I use "Go" in the process, it does not appear to work as it cannot identify the textbox to write the file address.

Last edited:

cs.andras

Hi,
I can't really see a reply to anisjolly's suggested solution of creating a separate object for that window... has that been tried?

chytu0304

Hi, I am also trying to attach one excel file thru gmail. I was succeeded with object studio. When i tried to run with process studio, getting the same error.please suggest me any option on this..

cs.andras

People, please... anisjolly has suggested a solution but I cannot see anyone saying that it has been tried and it has failed to work. Until this is done, why does everyone keep asking for more?

VJR

Hi,
In object studio its working fine(the pdf file name is populating in the File name). But when executing from process studio, above said error is coming. In Application modeller i have clicked on attach as we can see in the below screenshot.
View attachment 109

Hi Manju,

Hope you tried the solution provided by anisjolly.
To clarify, you mentioned "In Application modeller i have clicked on attach".
You should not be clicking on it one time manually.
As anisjolly suggested, you need to have a separate Action to attach.

Usually the Attaching is done in a separate page. Make a new page named Attach. Use the Navigate stage and choose Attach. An application can be attached by using the window title or by process name.
The purpose of Attach is to connect the BO to the application that is already running. In your case these are not attached and hence the error "Not Connected". If the application is not running, the Attach will fail.

On the other other hand, if a Business Object is already attached to an application and if the process tries to Attach again it will fail. For Attach to work, the BO must not be attached to the application already.

In order to resolve this conflicting situation, just prior to Attach use a Reader stage and select the root element and in the dropdown choose 'Is connected'. This will return a True/False flag and then depending on its value you can connect it to the Navigate (attach) stage. If it returns True it means it is already connected so you can end this page and continue your processing to your next required page. If it is False then point it to the Navigate stage that contains the Attach action.

sourabh.som1993

I am facing the same Issue.
Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong.

> I created one object where it is entering the html application & doing activities up to clicking on the browse button.

> As suggested above, From there I am now creating a new object named "browse file".

> While creating this 2nd object I selected below method:
I am indicating "windows application' then "My application will already be running - I want to attach to an existing instance".
Then windows title I am giving is "Choose file to upload".
Then I am keeping enter windows process name as blank.
Then my browse location is "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe".
Then enter command line parameters is blank.

>Then I am spying elements - 1: File name i/p tab using AA mode ; 2: The open button.
> Then in my object studio I am calling a writer1 to write my file name & a navigate button to select(press) open tab.
>So in object studio it works sometime, if I click on attach from application modeler & then run it back in object studio.
> But when I save everything and go to process studio & call this action it gives me an error "Internal : Failed To perform Step 1 In Write Stage 'Writer1' on page 'Action 2' - Not Connected".

Been stuck here since 48 hrs, will really appreciate help out here, been new to RPA world.

Attachments

• 2nd object studio for browse action.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Problem statement.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Process studio main page working fine.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Process studio page 1.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 123

jk0607

I have the same issue with choose file to upload it was working good for about 4 months now it dont even see the elements. It is connected but can highlight any elements from the past. I try to re spy and it wont work. Does that indicate any settings has to be changed? An suggestions on this.

VJR

It is connected but can highlight any elements from the past
Did you mean can can't here?

I try to re spy and it wont work
What
does won't work mean? Is it showing any error on spying or nothing happens at all?
This happens in which spying mode? Are you getting the same issue in other modes too?

wildCat

@sourabh.som1993:
The attach action is missing in your flow. I'm guessing, when you are in object studio you manually attach to the window and you are attached to an app untill you press detach or close the app.

jk0607

It is connected but can highlight any elements from the past
Did you mean can can't here?

I try to re spy and it wont work
What
does won't work mean? Is it showing any error on spying or nothing happens at all?
This happens in which spying mode? Are you getting the same issue in other modes too?

The window is attached but I cant spy the elements in any mode now. I don't see any error there its just that I try to highlight the previous elements which were working doesnt work now.

so Now I have create a new action page with only global send keys seems like its working but I still what to know what happened and how can we resolve it. I had similar issue in the SAP application too so I could do it with GSK for now.

Thanks!

jk0607

@sourabh.som1993:
The attach action is missing in your flow. I'm guessing, when you are in object studio you manually attach to the window and you are attached to an app untill you press detach or close the app.
No your working my flow has the attach action is required places ad it was working good since 4 months. All of a sudden I see this behavior where I cant spy or highlight the elements but I see the window is attached. I tried every mode and I did see this situation even in the SAP app too. I used the Global send keys to resolve it.

Thanks!