Windows "Save As" Dialogue box doesn't recognize the filepath and name entered

rickjh123

I'm exporting a report from an internal web-based application which pops up the 'Save as" windows dialogue box. I have spyed on the save as window, the file name field, the save button, etc and BP highlights them correctly. When I run the object and attempt to write a filepath name and document like "c:\test\test123.xlsx", BP will write the info into the file name field, and will click "save". However, I get a "confirm save as" pop-up (which I've also spied on and want to select "yes" to) but the filename that pops up is the default file name and location. It's not the file name I entered. It's almost like the windows box expects me to click something first in order for it to recognize that something was entered there. I'm not sure how to get around this and if there is an easy solution.

Thanks!

Tolani

Just as RDawson9 suggested, using send keys might be a good option as well. FYI, the write stage doesn't simulate keystrokes to the OS and some applications require keystrokes to ensure validations. Spy the Window and file name in Win32 or AA then go on to activate window using the Window element in a navigate stage and some arbitrary wait (0.25s should do) to ensure Window is fully activated. Then using Global Send Keys, Pass the value to the file name & Press Save button.

santosh dhere

Hi @anisjolly

Same situation is with me but i need to input path & click on save button in VDI unattended mode case.

Global send keys & events are working whenever window display is active stage, assume that if monitor is not connected to CPU.

I will further elaborate this. We have virtual machines where Blue prism installed & working. Our code works fine whenever VDI is logged in and i can see blue prism running. Whenever we disconnect VDI, means VDI goes in unattended mode there Global key events does not work.

Please suggest if any one worked with unattended VDI.

heleanor

Hi @anisjolly

Same situation is with me but i need to input path & click on save button in VDI unattended mode case.

Global send keys & events are working whenever window display is active stage, assume that if monitor is not connected to CPU.

I will further elaborate this. We have virtual machines where Blue prism installed & working. Our code works fine whenever VDI is logged in and i can see blue prism running. Whenever we disconnect VDI, means VDI goes in unattended mode there Global key events does not work.

Please suggest if any one worked with unattended VDI.

Hi Santosh,
could you please share solution if you have found one? I have also faced with the issue that global send key does not work in unattended mode...

Thank you,
Olena

jk0607

I have used a new object to attach it to the same browser and tried to work it. It works fine but there is a chance of inconsistency and it failed recently so I'm looking for a new solution to attach the save window and save the file path.