Work Queue Query

Radhika734

Hi All,

I am absolute beginner to RPA/Blue Prism.
I need a clarification on Work Queue section.

When I gone through the main objective of Work Queue,
I found that when we are dealing with a bunch of data, then we
need to use Work Queue.
I did a dummy exercise on this, both by using WQ & without using WQ(Directly reading from excel file)

But in WQ also, the BOT is reading values ONE BY ONE from WQ only, same as like from excel.
So my confusion is if WQ is also taking the same time to process the data.
Then what's the purpose of using WQ (I agree that it provides some more information/status about current Item ID)

Does it help in any way in TIME CONSUMPTION.

Please correct me, if I am wrong & let me know, how it's beneficial?

Thank You All.

Manikanta

Hi Team,
Can anyone please help me this Work Queue concept?
Hi @Radhika734
Almost every Blue Prism Process will make use of a work queue, which is essentially a list of jobs, or cases. New cases can be fed into the queue, and the queue can be updated with results as each case is worked.
A work queue provides the following features:
  • Multiple machines can work from the same queue at the same time, each retrieving different cases to work.
  • An individual case can be marked as “complete” if it has been worked satisfactorily, or marked as an “exception”, if it could not be completed.
  • Queued work can be monitored and maintained from Control Room.
  • MI such as volumes, performance levels, and exception details can be extracted from queue data.
A Blue Prism Process is intended to obey instruction to do a repetitive task. That instruction could be some kind of list feeding the Process with work, for example a spreadsheet. Alternatively, a Process might be designed to wait for work to appear on an ad hoc basis, for example files appearing in a folder.
Realistically we should expect there will be problems and accept that some cases will succeed and some will not. We may also instruct Blue Prism to purposely disregard certain cases. Whatever happens, we will need to record results.
If there are too many cases for one instance of Blue Prism to cope with, we may want to run the same Process on multiple machines to share out the workload.
The Work Queue feature provides this functionality to store, manage, share, and report on Process work.
main-qimg-0f9e83f6afd2fe5f34da7d99575f839a

A work queue is an internal configurable list that enables a Process to manage its workload. A Process can use different work queues and a work queue can be shared by multiple Processes if required.
The Queue Management tab in Control Room provides the operational user interface for work queues. The tab is divided in two; a list of queues is shown in the upper half and the lower half shows a list of the items in a queue.

Otherwise checkout the link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBXK2JJIuQvieTe5qVY3RJagGNJEcAVe/view

Manikanta

Hi All,

I am absolute beginner to RPA/Blue Prism.
I need a clarification on Work Queue section.

When I gone through the main objective of Work Queue,
I found that when we are dealing with a bunch of data, then we
need to use Work Queue.
I did a dummy exercise on this, both by using WQ & without using WQ(Directly reading from excel file)

But in WQ also, the BOT is reading values ONE BY ONE from WQ only, same as like from excel.
So my confusion is if WQ is also taking the same time to process the data.
Then what's the purpose of using WQ (I agree that it provides some more information/status about current Item ID)

Does it help in any way in TIME CONSUMPTION.

Please correct me, if I am wrong & let me know, how it's beneficial?

Thank You All.
Not exactly abt time comnsumption, WQ's r mainly for the detail view of those items which r processed & r which item is not processed (stuck while issue raised of any interruption).

rschandu96

Hi radhika,
i will try to resolve your query, let us take you have 1000 records while automating u got exception at 856 record what will happen
it will stop.
While using work queue if at all you will get exception it will not stop the flow,it will go into mark as exception the very next time if you run the bot again it will work on exception items with specified retries.
Hope it sounds good,

Regards
chandu