Work Queue Related Query

Shweta

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please guide me on below scenario:

Lets' say I have 10 Applications, and i have to fetch some data from all 10 applications. Each application takes approx 10 minutes in retrieving the data, and this entire task needs to be done in 30 minutes.

So, how can I achieve it using Work Queue? Can some one please help me in understanding this scenario?

Thanks!

bot1robot

@Shweta

High level idea would be as follow :

1 Application Actual Data fetching time =10 Min
10 Application Actual Data fetching time = 100 Min (10 Min * 10 Application)
Projected time to finish retrieving all application data = 30 Min.

In order to bring down processing time from 100 Min to 30 Min , Multi Bot will be helpful.
Say 4 Bots will fetch data parallely this will reduce processing time from 100 Min to 30 Min or less .

Hope this helps.

pug

@Shweta

High level idea would be as follow :

1 Application Actual Data fetching time =10 Min
10 Application Actual Data fetching time = 100 Min (10 Min * 10 Application)
Projected time to finish retrieving all application data = 30 Min.

In order to bring down processing time from 100 Min to 30 Min , Multi Bot will be helpful.
Say 4 Bots will fetch data parallely this will reduce processing time from 100 Min to 30 Min or less .

Hope this helps.

Yes! This will work and it is probably the best and most simple solution.

However if the reason for the long fetching time is long loading- (or response) time from application you could perhaps create a solution working with multiple application in parallel. When the first Application goes into "loading" you can start with the next and so on. You could then check if the first has finished loading and do the next steps there. Might save you some idle time.

Another alternative (depending on the applications) is to create some background processes for some of the apps.