Work queues - in automation anywhere

vijen2108

Hi All,

There is a concept called work queues in blue prism which is used for batch processing. When we have large amount of input data we can split that by using working queues…so one or multiple Bot's can pick the data and process them.

Do we have similar concept in Automation anywhere by any chance? There could be some custom built solutions to handle this kind of situation but would like to know if there is any in built feature provided in AA. I request you to share your thoughts..

Thanks

VJR

Hi vijen2108,

I read on another forum that the version 11 of AA is supposed to have the work queue kind of concept. I had read that information quite some time ago even before it wasn't released yet. So now that it is released I just looked up for the release notes of Enterprise 11 version and see that it is has something called as Workload Management (WLM).

smebdi

We implement at my company - but the tasks were designed to operate in such a manner that it goes and gets the file it wants to work on from a remote file location and moves it into a "local" location.

So if there's 40,000 files, each bot runner will pull them and work one at a time as long as there's something in the file.

Not really what you're asking, but figured I'd pitch in that you can usually always design tasks to work off a queue.