Working With PDF

Hi Team,

I have a 64 bit Bp installed at my PC
I created a object to read the PDF .
in Application Modeler I selected the windows application , and AcroRd32.exe is the Parent node Which will be launched as per the app modeler.

I am able to launch AcroRd32.exe and open the Desired file Some how . Once the PDF File is Opened in the Reader then I am unable to Spy any element , BP is throwing error saying
There was an error during the spying operation.
System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Hope some one has come across this ,
Please help me what could be the problem. Is this some error caused since the target application is a 32 bit adobe and Bp is 64 bit >>>

Thanks
Shabaz

RobertJ

I have used IE to load and read PDFs, but PDFs come in two flavors. If the PDF content is an image of a document you will need to try OCR (this I have not tried). If it has content that can be selected (Ctrl+A) you can select all of the content, copy to the clipboard, then paste into a text data object for further processing.

I have used IE to load and read PDFs, but PDFs come in two flavors. If the PDF content is an image of a document you will need to try OCR (this I have not tried). If it has content that can be selected (Ctrl+A) you can select all of the content, copy to the clipboard, then paste into a text data object for further processing.
Thanks Robert!

CamiCat

How Can I do it?
Thank you