WorkQueue: Got Item Failure

sgbreslin

Hi

I have a process which has been running in a prod env now for 6mths, over the last week the bot has been adding items to the workqueue but when it gets to the stage 'Got Item' it returns a 'false' flag even though the item is clearly available in the work queue.

This is only occurring randomly - has anyone experienced anything similar? Seems strange that the bot assigns an item id, adds item to work queue, but then doesn't get the item to process it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

sgbreslin

Neither deferred or tag/status used for these particular items.

So weird as worked fine on daily schedule until the last week when this has occurred randomly on 2 occasions.

VJR

Hi sgbreslin,

You need to see a few things like how are you processing the queue items, are you appropriately marking them as Complete or Exception?
Do you have Retry attempts enabled for Exception items? If yes are you putting a lock on them using the Keep Locked?

You mentioned 'Got Item' returns a 'false' flag. I assume this is the 'Get Next Item' you are referring about.
If you are using a Decision stage after this 'Get Next Item', then check if the condition is failing due to some reason like difference in data type etc.
eg; If you are comparing a column which is a Text with a Boolean value like "False" = False then it will lead to incorrect results. Yes it worked for other items but is there some incorrect data in just these two items? This is just an example wherein you can figure out if something of this sort is happening in the diagram.

sgbreslin

As I say, this process has been running on a daily schedule with no issues up until last week after we upgraded BP to 6.2.1.

Therefore, in that respect there is nothing wrong with the logic of the process and how it is built, otherwise we would have seen these issues from the moment we went live.

Today we have seen the same issue on another process which had up until this week, been running on an hourly schedule, without any issue - now it is also failing at the 'Get Next Item' stage.

does anyone know of any impact that BP 6.2.1 maybe having on how work queues operate?