Write in Word

olaola191919

Hi all,

I have a Word template from which I have to update a date and a name.

With object cloning I manage to set the date (because has always the same length and I can send hotkeys) but with the name... Is there any way I can read the text in the word (even if it contains images) and store it in a variable so I can do a replace and write it again there? (keeping the format of the document) Or some other way to do it?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

adebroise

RPA Ninja
Staff member
@olaola191919 unfortunately I’ve never used Automation Anywhere before, but is it possible to change the template to contain a place holder and then use find and replace to swap out the value?

Eg. ##date## and ##name##

Zubair

Hi all,

I have a Word template from which I have to update a date and a name.

With object cloning I manage to set the date (because has always the same length and I can send hotkeys) but with the name... Is there any way I can read the text in the word (even if it contains images) and store it in a variable so I can do a replace and write it again there? (keeping the format of the document) Or some other way to do it?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

You can use keystrokes and use CTRL C to get the data, the data you gather with CTRL C (Copy) is placed within the Clipboard variable.