Write to Textbox Input with Autocomplete and Select from dropdown [HTML]

rpame

Hey everyone. I have a little bit of a tricky situation.
There is a webpage that has a input that has a autocomplete feature, as you write in it, it will give suggestions
as you type (Similar to google). Now to the problem, if you click the textbox and write with the use of the
keyboard it will start to suggest as you write. And sometimes when you write it will not find anything until you
delete one letter and write it again it will pop up suggestions as a dropdown list.

Everything is fine as long as you write with the actual keyboard on the computer. But if you try to use the WRITE action in
blue prism nothing happens, it writes the text but the suggestion never occurs. Its javascript running in the background and its listening
to events happening on the textbox do maybe thats why nothing happens. Have also tested to send key Global Send Keys and nothing happening.

Does anyone have some sweet angles on this.
Thanks in advance.

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,

I understood the issue you are facing in selecting the text value from drop-down box.
As we use WRITE stage to type in something to input field, it will be different from entering manually that's why the auto-complete feature is not popping-up.

So, in order to work with this type of situation try the following steps :

For Ex: you want to type in the text "sukesh"
then instead of using all the text "sukesh" in write stage in one go, by using send key strokes, send each time 1 letter.
First element you send "s" and second "u" and so on.

This way you can able to see the auto-complete drop-down box and perform relevant operation to make use of it (auto-complete).

Post how it goes.

Good Luck.

rpame

Hello,

I understood the issue you are facing in selecting the text value from drop-down box.
As we use WRITE stage to type in something to input field, it will be different from entering manually that's why the auto-complete feature is not popping-up.

So, in order to work with this type of situation try the following steps :

For Ex: you want to type in the text "sukesh"
then instead of using all the text "sukesh" in write stage in one go, by using send key strokes, send each time 1 letter.
First element you send "s" and second "u" and so on.

This way you can able to see the auto-complete drop-down box and perform relevant operation to make use of it (auto-complete).

Post how it goes.

Good Luck.

thanks for the response. I actually solved this by clicking the textbox and the use Windows Press Key that you get when you spy the window in 32 bit-mode, works like a charm. Thanks for awesome input.

qxvqt

I have this same problem, but with Google Chrome and for obvious reasons I can't spy in 32-bit mode.

How else could I circumvent this?

I've tried Global send key events and that doesn't work either.

I'd really appreciate any assistance if possible.

qxvqt

This solution worked for me:

Solution:
" For some reason the Chrome plugin have some issues using the action Click Center. For have sure to click and the same navigate I usually do 3 actions:
  • Activate Chrome Window (Win32)
  • Focus in the element
  • Then use Global Send Keys (v)"