Solved Adobe Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBrooks

Hi,

When launching Adobe Reader through Blue Prism and attempting to spy the window/any element I receive the message 'There was an error during the spying operation.' and no attributes are returned. Tried restarting BP and deleting the object, but still get the same results. I've defined the application as a windows based application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

RBrooks

Ideally yes, using OCR since I've not used it before. I understand there are other ways of reading (may be helpful to learn those too), but I wanted to try using OCR (despite it being a less robust method).

anisjolly

Administrator
Can you provide some detail around the type of document types you're trying to read; i.e. does it have handwritten notes etc? The more detail you provide @RBrooks, the better we can support you with your question.

RBrooks

Hi Anis,

Just had a chat with Chris, who managed to solve the problem by realising when Adobe Reader launches, there are 2 processes in task manager. BP seems to be attaching to the background process and I am trying to spy the foreground process (the actual window) which is causing the spying error. His solution was to detach from the background process after launching and then re-attach to the correct (foreground) process.

The type of document was a pdf of a page from a book, so there was no handwritten notes (I know that BP doesn't really have any way of reading freehand). Just wanted to learn how to use OCR using the documentation on the BP portal.

Thanks,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.